Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racefan68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2019, 05:54 PM
    Eviction
    There is no lease or rental agreement. It is my girlfriend and she will not leave, she pays no rent, the only thing she pays is some of the utilities that is all. She is a heavy drinker and she mentally and verbally abuses me and I just want her to take her stuff and leave, I am tired of the fighting and yelling.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 17, 2019, 07:04 AM
    Laws vary by state, so without knowing where you are located it's impossible to dive into specifics, but in general ... given that there is no written rental agreement your girlfriend is typically considered to be a month-to-month tenant, meaning that if she does not want to leave then legally she is entitled to one month's written notice that she must vacate. This MUST be written notice, not verbal. If she fails to vacate after the month is up, then you may start formal eviction proceedings, which gets a bit involved and may take a few more weeks. Given all this, I suggest you work out a financial incentive for her to leave voluntarily. For example you might help her find a new place and volunteer to pay her security deposit and/or first month's rent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2019, 09:13 AM
    Do you lease, rent, or own. Assuming you own I go along with ebaines suggestion, but have a care about using YOUR NAME on wherever she goes if she does go along with suggested incentives to move. I would prefer the straight no strings attached eviction and the ultimatum of get help or get gone approach.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2019, 09:28 AM
    All of the advice is valid, she has a residency at your home, no formal written or no payment does not matter, So as noted a written notice to move out must be given.

You may even want to have it given to them by an independent third party. At court she could just say you never gave her a notice yourself.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Feb 21, 2019, 12:02 PM
    Invite the naked Fat man to stay with you for awhile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction [ 0 Answers ]

Ok what is the process in ky when you can no longer pay your rent?

Eviction [ 1 Answers ]

I have a live in girl friend. I would like her to leave. She refuses, what are my options?

Help with eviction? [ 15 Answers ]

Hi. Just a quick question. I've been evicted from my apartment, they gave me a 30 day notice and had to be out the 17th. They also granted me an extension due to holidays, which I'm extremely grateful for and now say I have to be out the 30th. I'm on section 8, waiting for my house to be...

VA eviction notice.can we pay and stop the eviction [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his wife are living in VA in a rental house. Rent is due the 1st with a 5 day grace period. When they realized they weren't going to be have money for rent until the 18th (wife is a teacher and that is her monthly payday) she called the rental agent and explained. She was told that as...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search