Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ella432 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2019, 02:14 PM
    Feelings for two people who are best friends at the same time
    Hello,

I will try and shorten the story. Basically 10 months ago, I met Jack at the pub I work at.he asked me on dates and I really liked him but he was my brothers friend and he had asked him to back off multiple times and had received many threats from people I work with at the pub who consider themselves to be my family. There reasoning was to protect me because he had previously been someone who would 'smash and dash.' So things became complicated between us, and then he began to ignore me over the phone and would only speak to me if he ran into me.

During this period I became very close friends with Damian, his best friend and someone I had known for a few years, and also works for my Dad. He was someone I always went to for advice about Jack funnily enough, I also used to give him advice in regards to his ex girlfriend. Over the Christmas period when I was back home from University, me and him became even closer especially as he broke up with his girlfriend and Johnny continued to make promises he could not keep. I had a large falling out with my Dad and I suffer from anxiety and my panic attacks came back and he was the only one who could calm me down not even my best friend. After this day I realised that I did fancy Damian as well now to some degree, he told me it was a mutual thing. But I was still in love with Jack in some form at this time, so there was only a brief kiss when he dropped me home once. But since I returned to University we talked everyday on the phone sometimes for hours and I forgot about Jack completely. Then my Dad found out and he did not like the idea of me and Damian at all that's a separate story. But a lot of people disapproved. So we decided it was best to just remain friends well he decided since he was the one who was dealing with all the drama.

Anyway I went home last weekend, essentially to make sure that our friendship was still OK. But then he left to soon and Jack came in and started saying all the things I always wanted him to say, weather he was just manipulating me or not is another question. But I ended up kissing him. Damian found out the next day and he didn't speak to me for two days, then the day I am going back to Uni he goes back to normal and tried to kiss me when I left. I must still have feelings for Jack I realised as well. Then I heard from a friend that Damian was seeing someone else and that hurt me so I rang him and he claimed it wasn't true he was only after one girl. Then valentines day roles around and I receive messages and phone calls from Jack telling me to give him another chance, and that he knows what he did was wrong. But it would be wrong of me if I did when I have feelings for his best friend.

I don't know how to figure out which one I do love before I end up losing them both any advice on how to figure this out would be great.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2019, 03:29 PM
    I don't think you love either of these dudes, but have fallen for the emotional drama of attachment and attention, which is normal on many levels. Remove yourself from the emotional drama, and find another option for your own happiness when you are home from uni. Fair warning though, its not as easy as I make it sound to get from between these two, but you must, for your own good, or be stuck in this soap opera drama until you have had enough. LOL, I think you have had enough of this emotional confusion and that's why you are here on this forum, right?

My suggestion is walk away from both fellows, their drama, and friendship or the bored kisses while you are home. You don't need any of that confusing nonsense from the locals. OMG, you may have to build a life that you enjoy without both these guys. Did I say it won't be that easy?

For now lose them both and find yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feelings for my best friends wife [ 12 Answers ]

This woman and I have started having some really strong feelings towards each other lately. Problem is, we are both married to each others best friends. It started two weeks ago when we were all hanging out at the dining room table having drinks. We started rubbing each others legs and turned into...

How should I change to become friends with the people I want to be friends with? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a freshman. I have friends a good amount but, they don't invite me to hang out very often. I feel like when they ask me to chill they are doing Charity because they don't really like me. Should I change my attitude towards things for people to like me?

My friends not gay but she has feelings for another girl... What do I tell her? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend has this girl who she plays sports with and this girl has feelings for her. My friend is straight but she doesn't know what to do and she thinks that she has feelings for the other girl too. She is asking me for advice and she needs help what do I tell her??

Old friends, new feelings [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone :) About 3 month ago an old friend started talking to me again, it had been about 3 years give or take since we had a massive falling out. At the time it seemed a big thing but we were just too stubborn I suppose I'm not looking for advice on how to 'get' with her to put it...

Can you be friends with a man if you have feelings for him? [ 2 Answers ]

I am back again. I have talked to all of before. So what I am understanding is that I really shouldn't be friends with this man. Sort of brushed me off after 5 months. Said he had no feelings for me even though he told me that I was exactly what he wanted and we were so alike. I have feelings for...

View more questions Search