Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dolores Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2005, 02:59 AM
    Chemical ingredients in Hair products
    I was told that certain ingredients, such as parafin wax, can clog the hair follicles of your scalp causing hair loss. However, I can not find a list of the ingredients (and their chemical name) one should avoid. Can anyone help me?
    keenu Posts: 114, Reputation: 9

Mar 20, 2005, 06:45 AM
    Ingredients to avoid!
    Comfrey (allantoin)
    Alcohol
    DEA, MEA and TEA (diethanolamine, monoethanolamine and triethanolamine)
    DMDM Hydantoin & Urea (Imidazolidinyl)
    Fragrance
    FD&C Color Pigments
    Isopropyl alcohol (SD-40)
    Mineral Oil
    PEG (Polethylene glycol)
    Propylene Glycol (PG) and Butylene Glycol
    Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) & Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
    Triclosan

This is a list to avoid of Skin Care products but some of these ingredients are in shampoo. It is the only list I have. I will do some research on the web and see if I can find one specifically for shampoo. There are so many bad ingredients in everything we put on our bodies.
    clementina25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2005, 05:48 AM
    Natural hair products
    Hi
    About 6 months ago I started to use for my hair products as natural as possible. A friend of mine from romania recommended me a product line for hair based mainly on clay.I was very satisfied with the results and I will continue to use this products because I am more then satisfied with the results. I used a multi-mineral shampoo and after that a regenerating hair mask.
    You can find all the information needed on this site
    http://www.aslaskin.com/ProductLineD...spx?Category=1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How bad do products like ColorZap damage hair. [ 18 Answers ]

I had a really nice light brown color in my hair but it started to take on this orangy tone, so a thought I'd refresh it. I chose a brand I had never used before. It was supposed to be a "light natural brown" but it turned my hair a sort of jet black. IT'S AWFUL and I HATE it. My hair is naturally...

Chemical-physical changes [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference of a physical and a chemical change?

~ Gwath Pallor Home Ingredients for SKIN ~ [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone seen this site? If so, have any of you tried any of the recipes and how has it worked for you? Here's the link: http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2010/gawthpallor.html I'm interested in the skin bleach : 1 tb. Lemon juice 1 tb. Peroxide 1 tb. Glycerine Hmm.. where...

[HELP]gr11 chemistry - predicting chemical reactions and balancing chemical equations [ 5 Answers ]

hey can nebody help me with my chemistry hmwk? i dun really get it... :confused: thanks! For each of the following reactions, determine what the products of each reaction will be. When you have predicted the products, balance the equation and use a table of solubility products to...

View more questions Search