Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyrenee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2019, 02:21 AM
    The project manager is determining my income for each job instead of me!
    Hello, I started my construction cleanup business in Dec 2018. I spoke to project manager and we agreed on 24 cents a square foot. Ok, here is the problem I am having. Since I have been working in this new community, I have done rough cleans, touch up cleans, and final cleans. I have not received the 24 cents a sq ft. when asked about it after my first job, I was told it was not per job, like rough clean and so on. That the 24 cents was spaced out over the entire cleaning process. I don't know what to do. I think I am being taken advantage of. This business is only me, and no one else. I have to think about the costs it is going to have on me with taxes, supplies and so forth. For example: 4000 sq ft home final clean $275.00 he gives me for that! Please help me someone! I live in Texas
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2019, 05:41 AM
    Was there an agreement to all the terms you have stated? Was this agreement in writing? Agreeing to price is just one area you should be concerned with when negotiating terms. Your agreements need to be in writing so that both parties are protected and so that both parties are on the same page as what is expected. If you don't have that then the terms are on the fly and there will be issues, like you are experiencing now. If your agreement isn't in writing and covering a vast amount of terms, then chalk this up to a lesson learned.
    Specter1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2019, 10:31 AM
    In my opinion you are being taken advantage of. Go to a different project and sign on there. This time make sure you have a written agreement that spells out the details of your services and the price you are to be paid and when.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Oregon is it Household Income or Income of Parent when determining Child Support [ 1 Answers ]

In the State of Oregon is it Household Income or Individual Income when determining whether Child Support Payments should be eliminated, I remarried but my new husband does not pay for any of my children's education or expenses from my previous marriage?

How to switch to Project Manager job ? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a QA a Analyst , I want to switch to career as a Project Manager. Would CAPM work.?

The manager of company A is given a bonus based on income before income taxes. Net in [ 0 Answers ]

The manager of company A is given a bonus based on income before income taxes. Net income, after taxes is 5600.00 for FIFO and 5040.00 for LIFO. The tax rate is 30%. The bonus rate is 20%. How much higher is the manager's bonus is FIFO is adopted instead of LIFO?

Project manager [ 1 Answers ]

A project manager should not have other managerial responsibilities. Discuss

Project manager [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it important that a project manager be able to successfully manage the trade-offs of time, cost, and performance?

View more questions Search