Ask
    bwhit5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2019, 12:24 PM
    Temperature limit setting adjustment on shower valve
    How to adjust temperature of water from the shower head
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2019, 02:35 PM
    Too hot or too cold? You adjust the temperature at the mixer. There is an anti scald device put there to keep the water from getting too hot at the delivery point. Brand and model would help along with a picture.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2019, 01:13 AM
    Usually, shower head is not used to adjust hot / cold water. As stated in above response, water temperature can be adjusted at the valve. Give us more information about your valve so we can advise you as to how to adjust hot/cold water

Milo
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2019, 09:19 AM
    Single or dual water handles? That's where the adjustment should be for the desired water temperature for the shower.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 18, 2019, 07:13 AM
    Hi Talaniman

Dual handle valves do NOT have temperature limiting devices... why they have been illegal in most states for decades now. Only single handle shower units have limiting devices and the limiting device is usually under the handle or the decorative trim plate of the valve.

Just an FYI!

Good day
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2019, 02:12 PM
    My reference was for adjusting the water to preference for his shower. More or less cold water to the hot. Or less hot to the cold. That was my understanding of the OP.

My bad thanks. Maybe I misread the question.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 19, 2019, 01:48 PM
    It certainly could be that I misread... never know unless bwhit5 comes back!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Temperature adjustment [ 5 Answers ]

My shower is too cold there is a sirrus ts 500 mixer on the outside wall how do I adjust it

How To Increase Temperature on Moen Shower Valve? [ 1 Answers ]

I've read many posts on this common problem and haven't solved my problem. The cog gear under the handle is in the 12 o'clock position and allows me to turn the handle from 6:00 to 9:00 (r to l), the hottest setting. I changed the position of the cog gear many times and anything other than 12:00...

Delta shower valve adjustment [ 0 Answers ]

How do you remove the handle on the shower faucet valve?

How Do I Set the Hot and Cold Water Setting on My Shower Valve? [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new handle on my shower at home. However, when I turn the handle to the left - the water is cold. When I turn the handle to the right - the water is hot. I have a Moen shower system. Can anyone help me so that the hot water is activated by turning to the left and the cold...

Shower needs temperature limiting adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get the water temperature in the shower to get warm enough. My valve is Rubinet MRBRM0. How can I do the limiting adjustment? (There are no children in the house).

View more questions Search