Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2019, 02:27 PM
    AOC has a lot to learn dealing with law, process and shooting her mouth off, but she will. Will the dufus? His face saving emergency is quite laughable and honestly stupid. I can forgive a young energetic know nothing, but am having a hard time doing the same for an old LIAR and bully. Amazon has no clean hands either considering their VAST resources, and expertise. Stupid humans, more noise than brains!

As to CO2, seems a simple deduction for upgrades to aging plants and technology would solve that problem though it could take decades. CO2 is not the only dangerous biproduct of processing CO2 as far as fossil fuels are concerned, and the air isn't the only thing that burning fossil fuels pollute.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2019, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    AOC has a lot to learn dealing with law, process and shooting her mouth off, but she will. Will the dufus? His face saving emergency is quite laughable and honestly stupid. I can forgive a young energetic know nothing, but am having a hard time doing the same for an old LIAR and bully. Amazon has no clean hands either considering their VAST resources, and expertise. Stupid humans, more noise than brains!

As to CO2, seems a simple deduction for upgrades to aging plants and technology would solve that problem though it could take decades. CO2 is not the only dangerous biproduct of processing CO2 as far as fossil fuels are concerned, and the air isn't the only thing that burning fossil fuels pollute.
    Tal there is no doubt we need better technologies and retrofitting old plants doesn't cut it. Anything produced by man has a finite life. However our new technologies so far cause serious problems so it is illusionary and this is the problem with AGW and climate change
    Expert

Feb 15, 2019, 03:32 PM
    If the challenge is too great you can do like the Chinese do and that get a silly little mask and wear it 24/7.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2019, 04:27 PM
    As to CO2, seems a simple deduction for upgrades to aging plants and technology would solve that problem.
    There are no upgrades I have heard of that will prevent the burning of coal or natural gas from producing CO2. What upgrades did you have in mind? Masks do no good for CO2 simply because it is not the breathing of the CO2 that is the problem.

The only long term solution is the development of a reasonably priced, plentiful replacement for fossil fuels. Other than nukes, I don't know of one.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2019, 01:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    If the challenge is too great you can do like the Chinese do and that get a silly little mask and wear it 24/7.

The Chinese wear masks because of pollution, particulate pollution, they have some very unhealthy practices there. I don't need to do that because I live in a place of open blue skies and no pollution. We have a sensible attitude to coal as well as no fracking, another source of pollution. We leave all those unhealthy practices to be visited on the denizens of the northern hemispherewho delight in screwing themselvesd
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2019, 05:05 AM
    What pollution does fracking produce?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2019, 11:42 AM

Expert

Feb 16, 2019, 03:18 PM
    What a chump Bezos is. A little opposition he takes his ball and runs.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2019, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    What pollution does fracking produce?
    The chemicals used pollute ground water and the wells release methane
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2019, 04:54 PM
    The chemicals used pollute ground water and the wells release methane
    It has repeatedly been demonstrated that the chemicals do not pollute ground water. Fracking is done FARRR below groundwater. As to methane, I understand that is a concern, but it's a concern for all oil wells, not just the ones that used fracking. I've seen many wells that simply burn the methane off, but if we need to address that, then I'm all for it.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2019, 06:30 PM
    It has repeatedly been demonstrated that the chemicals do not pollute ground water. Fracking is done FARRR below groundwater. As to methane, I understand that is a concern, but it's a concern for all oil wells, not just the ones that used fracking. I've seen many wells that simply burn the methane off, but if we need to address that, then I'm all for it.
    Oh it must be wonderful to believe all the B/S you are fed. We have proven the detrimental effects of fracking and it is no longer allowed here. Simply burning the methane off means you have a well generating CO2 which you are against, you might as well dig the coal up and burn it as derive fuel this way
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2019, 07:33 PM
    Oh it must be wonderful to believe all the B/S you are fed. We have proven the detrimental effects of fracking and it is no longer allowed here.
    So when Aussies do research it is all believable, but when Americans do multiple studies that all show the same thing, it is BS. What a wonderful fantasy world you live in. Might add that..surprise..there is fracking being done in Aussie land. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/what-is-...ding-australia

Simply burning the methane off means you have a well generating CO2 which you are against,
    Or not burn it off which produces methane which you are against. Pick your poison.

you might as well dig the coal up and burn it as derive fuel this way
    When you figure out how to pull up to a gas station and fill your tank up with coal, then go for it. Petroleum is largely used for transportation fuels, not coal.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2019, 07:44 PM
    So when Aussies do research it is all believable, but when Americans do multiple studies that all show the same thing, it is BS. What a wonderful fantasy world you live in. Might add that..surprise..there is fracking being done in Aussie land. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/what-is-...ding-australia
    No doubt many undesirable methodologies are use in primitive societies. The NT is a somewhat primitive place but in more enlightened places it has been discontinued

Or not burn it off which produces methane which you are against. Pick your poison.
    What I would prefer is that it is not produced in the first place. The point of fracking is to produce a gas for fuel so burning it is a waste of resources

When you figure out how to pull up to a gas station and fill your tank up with coal, then go for it. Petroleum is largely used for transportation fuels, not coal.
    You have heard of steam vehicles, not used much these days
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2019, 06:09 AM
    No doubt many undesirable methodologies are use in primitive societies. The NT is a somewhat primitive place but in more enlightened places it has been discontinued
    So anyone who disagrees with you is primitive??

You have heard of steam vehicles, not used much these days
    That one made me laugh. A steam car powered by coal. They'll sell like hotcakes!
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2019, 02:17 PM
    Keep on trolling you might catch something
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2019, 02:48 PM
    What a chump Bezos is. A little opposition he takes his ball and runs.
    The corrupt Democrat Tammany Hall pols make NY the worse state in the country to conduct business . Why should Bezos have to deal with them ? AOC and her NIMBY economic ignorant cronies did Amazon a favor. She's dumb enough to now think the $3 billion that Amazon was getting in tax incentives will now be available for her community activist projects . But how is she going to replace the 25,000 jobs Amazon was bringing to the city ? The city would've recouped many times more in economic activity the move would've brought .

Why would you burn off the methane instead of capturing it to use it as a natural gas energy source ?
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2019, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

Why would you burn off the methane instead of capturing it to use it as a natural gas energy source ?
    This is a question that can only be resolved by deciding what methane actually is, but the ignorant don't know what it is, so they burn it. Some actually think that by burning it, that is combining it with oxygen that it becomes less harmfull

Methane (CH4) is a colorless, odorless gas at standard pressure and is the primary component of natural gas

. It's an attractive fuel source because it burns cleanly and is relatively abundant. Methane is also used extensively in industrial chemistry since it's the precursor for many chemical reactions
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2019, 06:51 PM
    This is a question that can only be resolved by deciding what methane actually is, but the ignorant don't know what it is, so they burn it. Some actually think that by burning it, that is combining it with oxygen that it becomes less harmfull
    Well, it becomes CO2 and water vapor when burned, and you say that CO2 is harmless, so what would the problem be?

Do you really believe that the oil companies that burn off natural gas actually don't know what it is?? Really?
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2019, 07:40 PM
    Well, it becomes CO2 and water vapor when burned, and you say that CO2 is harmless, so what would the problem be?

Do you really believe that the oil companies that burn off natural gas actually don't know what it is?? Really?
    No, I think you don't know what it is and they don't care. Having more CO2 and water vapour is considered by some to not be helpful. I think CO2 in the right environment such as plant propagation may be useful but there is generally a disconnect between CO2 production and its uses. As I have said before, if this is a problem, it is a northern hemisphere problem. You created the problem, you fix it. Otherwise, just move along, nothing to see here
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2019, 08:07 PM
    No, I think you don't know what it is
    Methane is CH4. Learned that about forty years ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for "green business" or "green properties" [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if there are any government or non-government type grants out there for small or midsize "green businesses." My friend owns a green businesses called Greenwerks which among other things completes site surveys, installs rain catchment systems, solar systems and even is a contractor...

Can my green permanent green card be revoke [ 1 Answers ]

I am married to my wife for five years. After three years of marriage file for my green cad . I got my premanant green card in march of 2009. I have a child outside of marriage and my wife found out. She put me out the house and said she is going to revoke .

Fighting a delusion [ 40 Answers ]

Phantom fear of Taliban is driving the war in Afghanistan - CNN.com Here is a voice of reason on Afghanistan and yet why are such voices of reason so far from being listened too by those involved in fighting the Taliban. Only today even ex Australian Prime Minister John Howard was saying that...

View more questions Search