Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johhny1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2019, 11:30 AM
    Toilet problem
    When we flush one high efficiency American standard toilet it backs the water up from the p trap on the lacy that is about 5 foot from the toilet. Is there a problem with the venting all of a sudden, it just started the day before.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 10, 2019, 09:02 AM
    Hi Johhny1

I'm not sure what a "lacy" is, but figure that it is a tub or shower and if that is the case and flushing the toilet causes water to back up into the lacy then the branch drain that feed the entire bathroom group is clogged and needs to be snaked to clear the drain.

If the lacy is the lowest fixture in the home then your MAIN DRAIN is clogged and the main drain will need to be snaked to clear the drain system.

Let us know how you make out!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet problem [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone suggest what was causing the water in the toilet bowl to come up to the very top and then down. I saw this happen at least once a week. Only one bathroom, ground level. In the past few months new sewer lines were installed on our street and I am wondering whether this has...

Problem with toilet [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes 1 of my 3 toilets does not flush all the way. Eventually it will go down by itself. There is a gargling noise in the sink in the same bathroom when I try to flush or plunge it. Also when I take a shower again in the same bathroom you hear the gargling in toilet and/or sink. Is it bad...

I'm having a toilet problem [ 4 Answers ]

What does it mean if the water level in my toilet is really low.. but when I flush the toilet the water level comes up so high it almost touches my butt?! I've been trying to fix it.. I've plunged it. And I've asked several people nobody knows

Toilet Problem [ 2 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet and it fills up the water continues to flow into the bowl. My sewage bill is doubled!! Local DIY store suggests changing everything. I purchased a tank repair kit, but instructions are very vague - at least for this female. Is there someplace I can find pictures to help...

Toilet problem [ 5 Answers ]

We recently moved to our new home which is build in 1950's. I have two bathrooms. In one of the bathroom, the toilet started giving problems. When you flush the water comes almost near the rim and then it starts going down the drains very slowly. I used an additive and also used the plunger for...

View more questions Search