Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    latinmass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2019, 02:31 PM
    91 prelude hard to start
    Turns over but takes about 20 cranks. I also was told to turn the key on and off to make the fuel pump get more gas in the engine. It doesn't pop over very well if at all. After I finally got it started and I let it run for 5 -10 minutes. When I put it in gear and pushed the gas, it quit and I could get it started again. I changed the main relay about 2 years ago. Seems like a fuel / ignition issue.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2019, 07:24 PM
    I suspect the Ignition Control Module (ICM), which is located inside the distributor, is bad, Be sure to coat the back of the ICM with heat transfer grease, otherwise the ICM won’t last long. I would also replace the rotor, while you have the distributor open. Use precision tip screwdrivers or you may mangle the fasteners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 prelude s won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Prelude S 2.2. I did have a problem when I would drive it about 5 or 6 miles, long enough for it to get warm, it would shut off. Well, first, I changed the ignition coil, but that wasn't the problem. Then I got a new battery, and bought a used distributor and put it in. When I...

92 prelude won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I was driving my car down the road and it died I checked for spark and it has non nor out of the coil I have power to the distributor but no signal also the fuel pump does not kick on and I have no injector pulse there is no pressure in the fuel rail I powerprobed the fuel pump and it does work I...

92 prelude won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1992 honda prelude 2.0si auto have had ingnition coil replaced and it fixed the problem or so I thought the car started to stall on start every now and again then the problem grew and started stalling whilst driving more so at lower speeds and now it won't fire up at all it cranks but...

Why won't my 92 prelude start [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 92 prelude f22b I got is as a project and the car won't start all I hear when I turn the key is the starter spinning and it will back fire sometimes nothing else I replaced the starter and the distributor but nothing has changed just the starter spinning as before. The fly wheel has all...

92 prelude cranks but won't start [ 5 Answers ]

My 1992 honda prelude si 5 speed cranks up but will not start. The fuel system seems to be in working order... I can hear the fuel pump running and at least one click from the main relay as well as smell gas from the exhaust. There is no spark from the coil to the distributor, however. I checked...

View more questions Search