Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeyer01 Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2019, 12:20 PM
    Snowblower loud with black smoke
    I have an MTD 2 stage snowblower. I recently had to replace the worm gear but now it works fine. This last time I started it it was really loud compared to what it normally is. Seemed to get even louder as I turned down the throttle. Everything still worked fine but after 5 minutes of using it it started spitting black smoke and I could tell it was about to die so I just shut it off. The gas is not old. What on earth could be happening? Worked perfectly fine last time I used it and now it doesn't? Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2019, 01:38 PM
    Black smoke is usually indicative of too much gas. Choke could be stuck, float possibly stuck. First focus on the carburetor and make sure everything is properly aligned and functioning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My water heater made a loud popping noise and smoke... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi so about two days ago I noticed we didn't have hot water. So I called a plummer and he had me reset the water heater (a red button) and reset the switch that controls the electricity to the water heater. My water was hot shortly after... Well a few minutes later the water heater made a popping...

My smoke detector makes loud popping sounds? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a pop, then the low battery chirp, we switched the breaker off, the chirping stopped, but there was a subsequent pop after that.

Too Loud - Snowblower [ 3 Answers ]

I have Viking with Tecumseh Engine Snowblower. The motor is too loud when starts. Is there a way I can reduce or minimize the loudness? Its embarrassing to my neighbor when the winter comes. Need help please. Thanks

Loud pop and black smoke, is my capacitor fried? [ 1 Answers ]

I was outside this everning and I heard a loud pop coming from somewhere within the vicinity of the out door units. As I approached them, I noticed black smoke coming from the bigger one. I ran in the house and shut the power off to the out door unit and indoor handler. Is capacitor fried, or...

Snowblower Muffler Smelly White Smoke? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Ariens 4 cycle Tecumsuh engine snowblower. I started it up but I did not realize The gasoline valve was off. The snowblower turned off in two seconds and smelly white smoke came out of muffler. I opened the gasoline valve and it works fine what caused this? Can there be possible damage...

View more questions Search