Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2005, 08:30 PM
    Protected Storage Server
    I have Win98 with this PSTORES.EXE on it when I click on display active tasks in the winpatrol program. What is it, what does it do or protect and is the program needed on the computer? If not needed how do you OR should you get rid of it?
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 20, 2005, 01:20 AM
    Description:
    Pstores.exe a process belonging to the Protected Storage Server. It is used by internet related applications such as Internet Explorer to store confidential data. This program is a non-essential system process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flash.exe at 100% CPU Storage! [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, Does anyone else have this problem?? When I try to "test movie" or "export Flash movie" my computer jumps to 100% CPU Usage and then Flash crashes! :( I'm currently working on an animation at 20 frames per/sec and running a 1Ghz Pentium 3, 512 megs of ram. Shouldn't that be...

Using CD-RW for data storage [ 1 Answers ]

What do I need to do to use a CD-RW, out of its packing, to be able to save files to it, for transfer to another computer? I know that, in the old days of floppies, they needed to be formatted. Does the same thing apply to CD-RW's? If so, what are the steps I need to go through to do this? ...

Red wine storage [ 14 Answers ]

Red wine. Some people after opening it store it for long periods. I have opened a bottle of wine but there is no way I am going to drink it all at once. Some places say it stays good in the fridge for only 3 or 5 days. Then I here it is better to serve it at room temperature. My questions, how long...

Online file storage.. [ 19 Answers ]

Is there any "not trial but free" online large file storage out there my files is about 700MB - 1GB in size... :D

[Help] needed or will lose storage [ 3 Answers ]

In a few days I'm going to lose my storage :( just need help Im going to lose evevything.. :( can I find help?

View more questions Search