Ask
    bleuagan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2019, 07:26 PM
    How many led light to put up in a 30×40 shop
    How many LED light fixtures to put in 30 by 40 Shop
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2019, 08:29 PM
    Depends on the light output of the LED tube. There is no specific code for shop lighting. However, average shop lighting will be in the 500 lumens per square foot range. 1200 X 500=600,000 lumens spread over the whole floor. A lot also depends on the ceiling height, reflectivity of floor and wall surfaces, Windows etc. A 40 watt equivalent LED produces roughly 2,000 lumens at the bulb. Generally speaking, you task light and then background light. In my small 240 sq. ft. shop, I have 8 T8 fluorescent tubes but 1/2 are over tools, about 8 ft. off the floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire existing garage shop light to another light? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a shop light I am replacing in my garage that has 2 sets of wires coming in to shop light. One set has blk, white and ground that goes to another overhead light, it has it's own single pole switch on another wall. The shop light also has one set of wires same blk, white and ground...

Flush mount fluorescent shop light [ 4 Answers ]

What is the reason a fluorescent shop light can't be flush mounted? I'm thinking air flow to cool the ballast? I want to install several more shop lights in my garage, but to clear the overhead door they need to be mounted directly parallel to the joist. All the lights I looked at say not to...

Fluorescent or LED shop light? [ 3 Answers ]

Im looking to get a new shop light for my husband for Christmas this year and am looking to you for some expertise. Which is better fluorescent or LED lights? Also, I am looking to get a cordless/rechargeable light and would appreciate your recommendations for size as well as brand. Thanks, Jane

View more questions Search