Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thammu1 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2019, 11:04 PM
    Please help me with more details on this lovely stone carving
    Add Files1. Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files belowHi
    Purchased this beautiful carving at an estate sale where the seller
    Add Files1. Click Add Files to upload new files or select from existing files belowsaid it was made of jade.
    My online research later on led me to believe that this is a Zimbabwean Shona statue, probably made of serpentine stone. Even thought the statue is signed T.MURAMBATSVINA I wasn't able to find information on this artist. Can someone familiar with such carvings, artist works please advise me of its probable origin, artist details and value of such a statue.
    Thanks in advance for your guidance.
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

Inuit stone carving [ 0 Answers ]

How does one determine authenticity and value of Inuit stone and soap stone carvings? We have a couple dozen. Several of them have a sticker, saying "hand made" and often the sticker indicates "Wolf". The soapstone ones are black with slight white areas in the crevices. One of the stone ones is...

Details about stone [ 4 Answers ]

Give the details about Emerald Stone, Ruby, Nilam ?

A stone is dropped down a deep well. The time interval between the drop of the stone [ 1 Answers ]

A stone is dropped down a deep well. The time interval between the drop of the stone and the Splash heard at the top of the well is 4.5 s. If the air in the well is a cool 4°C, but does not Cause significant friction with the stone, how deep is the well?

What do I need to lay flag stone on a stove Hearth over cement board 1 in. Stone [ 1 Answers ]

I'am building a 20sq. ft. raised hearth for a woodstove. I put down 3/4 plywood. I'am going to put down cement board for fire code. What do I need to lay 1 in. flagstone over this./ mortor mix/ sand?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search