Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jusjess1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2019, 02:18 PM
    I claimed exempt all year how much will I owe
    I claimed exempt for 11 months. How much will I owe? I made $101,000 and only paid $800 in taxes.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 28, 2019, 02:49 PM
    Logically, you owe ZERO tax.

It is possible the entire $101,000 is exempt.

If not, then one-twelfth of the $101K is $8,417. If you are filing as a resident alien, you get a $12,000 standard deduction, which complete offsets your $8,417 in income.

If you are filing as a NON-resident alien, then you may NOT be allowed a standard deduction, in which case you will owe about $842.

If you want me to review your case in detail, then I have to see the reasons you are claiming tax exempt status, in which case you should email me at the email address in my profile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New job - accidentally claimed exempt no W4 [ 3 Answers ]

I started a new job on January 4, 2010 and must have accidentally "checked" the exempt box when filling out the W4. I'm not sure exactly why I would have did that because I am not exempt. Well, to make matters worse, I never looked at one of my paychecks throughout the entire year in 2010. Not a...

How much would I get if I claimed my 30 year old brother? [ 1 Answers ]

I filed head of household and claimed my brother who's 30 and doesn't work, how much would I get for filing him?

What if my husband claimed exempt all year and I claimed one will we still owe? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband claimed exempt (was supposed to be temporary, but payroll accidentally forgot the change it back per request and new w-4 form)... I claimed 1 all year. We have 2 children and are married filing jointly. Avg gross yearly income = 54,000.00, will we still end up owing (Thanks to our...

Can a 401k distribution taken in one year be claimed as income on the preceding year [ 3 Answers ]

If I take a 401k distribution in January 2010 can I claim it as income on my 2009 tax return?

How do I know who claimed my son last year? [ 2 Answers ]

I told my aunt she could claim my son to help us out with some money. She gave me the money and now this year she is saying that they never gave her the money for my son so I owe her that money this year when I file taxes. How do I find out if she really did or did not get the money for my son?...

View more questions Search