Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtyrtyrty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2019, 06:40 AM
    I have a problem in understanding of a sentence
    The old woman, lying back so quietly among her pillows with closed eyes, yet with that look of singular intentness and concentration, was seeking no lover of her youth; though, indeed, she had had one once, and from time to time he did enter her revery, try as
    She would to prevent him. At that point, she always made the singular comment, "Gone past! I must be getting back to the beginning," and, pressing back into her earliest consciousness, she would remount the flooding current of the years. Each time, she hoped to get further, —
    Though remoter shapes were illusive, and, if approached too closely, vanished, — for, once embarked on her river of memories, the descent was relentlessly swift. How tantalizing that swiftness! However she yearned to linger, she was rushed along till, all too soon, she sailed into the common light of day. At that point, she always put about, and laboriously recommenced the ascent.

I cant understand the bold part
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 28, 2019, 10:23 AM
    It's horrible English. Is it a translation?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2019, 11:43 AM
    She is describing part of her daydreaming process, as she flows back and forth from beginning to end, and back again... I think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a problem in understanding of a sentence [ 1 Answers ]

But the lab instructor, a graduate student who stutters a little and Dreams of the day when he will be an assistant professor, comes hovering Down the row of tables, and I return to my microscope. I do not Plan to become a biologist. Two sciences are required, and I regard with detachment the...

Problem with understanding qualitative research and work motivation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm doing a course of qualitative research methods and for that course we need to submit a research plan. I'm studying work motivation of highly-educated employees in corporate jobs and originally my intent was to study the specific extrinsic and intrinsic motivators by using Herzberg's...

English Sentence To Sanskrit Sentence Translation [ 0 Answers ]

A boy is touching his father"s feet.

How I can change english sentence to bengali sentence for free? [ 1 Answers ]

The day I saw u last time you were slim but now...

View more questions Search