Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeadowlarkJess Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2019, 12:42 PM
    Am I weird for craving a particular friend's company
    I have a friend whom I enjoy being around. There is just something about her, that when I am around her, always lifts my spirits and causes me to forget all about my troubles (which are many and diverse) for the duration of time I am around her, and for a time afterward each time we hang out.

I find I increasingly crave this person's company, in a 110% platonic sort of way. I just enjoy being around her. Is this normal or not?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2019, 12:57 PM
    It's normally to be attached, but is it healthy? How does she respond to you?

Jan 26, 2019, 01:04 PM
    I am not talking about an attachment, per se; we only hang out every few weeks, but I really, really enjoy her company.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2019, 01:21 PM
    There are people I very much enjoy being with. There are people I avoid being with. I'm sure there are people who feel the same about me. That's part of our humanity, our likes and dislikes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 27, 2019, 08:47 AM
    I still think it's normal and healthy for two humans to enjoy each others company and hang out as you say, on occasion. We all can become attached to others and it's okay if it's mutual, and equal, and causes no huge problems to either.

Relax and enjoy it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2019, 02:36 PM
    Some people seem to have more ability to cheer us up, or to let us forget our troubles at least on a temp basis.

The real issue, is getting past your issues without a crutch of someone else.

Jan 27, 2019, 08:11 PM
    The only issue here is the fact that I find I like this person a little bit more than most, for reasons that I can't exactly articulate; but I don't want to be a nuisance to this person.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2019, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MeadowlarkJess View Post
    The only issue here is the fact that I find I like this person a little bit more than most, for reasons that I can't exactly articulate; but I don't want to be a nuisance to this person.
    So far you haven't been, sounds like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my friend behaving weird? [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 22 and recently got along with this friend of mine, meaning he was in my college but just as a class mate but from the time we started working together in the same work place we got too close to be called as best buddies ever, but he behaves very differently at times. He always complains...

Is it me or is my friend weird? [ 1 Answers ]

This is going to sound weird, but ever get that gut feeling something isn't right? My friend has some pretty messed up dreams. She dreams of the devil all the time and demons and what have you. She is the only child out of 6 who lived her mother had tons of miscarriages. She would bring up the...

Help, my friend has a weird song [ 2 Answers ]

I went on my friend's iPod and found a strange song of him singing that he is "Henry the Eighth" and that he's married to the widow next door and she didn't have a willy or a sam... and he's changed his voice to make it sounds high pitched. Should I be worried? Should I castrate him?

My best friend and I have a weird relationship.. [ 6 Answers ]

All right this is kind of long... lol My friend Chelsey lives across the street from me, and we are very close friends. She had an abusive boyfriend and I really like her but she doesn't think that I can handle her (she has some issues from her abusive ex)and she says that she doesn't want to hurt...

Weird Friend [ 2 Answers ]

This guy that's my friend, Travis, (ex boyfriend)... Lately, he's been kind of weird... He says if I go out with someone that he'll go out with someone that likes him.. n being honest NOT many girl LIKE him.. because of his looks and I feel very sorry for him... but he's so.. sweet but he...

View more questions Search