Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisamwindsor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2019, 09:00 PM
    US Army Hospital Bremerhaven patient records
    I am an attorney trying to get benefits for the family of a deceased former Airman. The Airman was a patient in USAH Bremerhaven between 1959 and 1961. The National Personnel Records Center stated that the Airman’s records were among those destroyed by a fire in 1973. We have received some records, but are specifically looking for psych records and/or exposure to toxic chemicals, such as Agent Orange. When the USAH Hospital Bremerhaven closed, does anyone know where the patient records were transferred for storage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2019, 02:34 PM
    It is said that all records are sent to St Louis for storage. And yes, they have said that almost anyone's records were destroyed, when one tries to find them. (convenient) for military.

You will need to dig deeper, trying to get names if specific doctors and Chief Medical officer for base during that time frame and search for more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bremerhaven army base [ 1 Answers ]

I was stationed in Bremerhaven Germany and would like to visit this summer. I understand the base is closed but can I still visit the area? What is it now?

US Army Hospital in Bremerhaven, Germany on Facebook [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter was born in a US Army Base Hospital in Bremerhaven, Germany in 1971. Her parents were both US Citizens with the father being a military serviceman (Navy). Does she still have dual citizenship almost 40 years later in both Germany and the USA?

Hospital worker comments & suggestions about health issues around patient's hcmc [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I'm wondering what can be done or if it is legally wrong or something else when a receptionist whom may or may not have any medical schooling to be loudly saying what they think you should do for your physical issues that brought you to the hospital and repetitively, loudly and plainly making...

Can I sue a psychatric hospital for violation of my minor sons patient rights? [ 1 Answers ]

My 13yr old son was admitted to a psychatric hospital on a 51/50 on 7/20/11. Everything went as normal (not his first visit to a psych hospital) talked to the doctor about his medications and at the time I was not home to look at his medication bottles so when she was reading off the milligrams of...

As a patient, can a hospital make me stay? [ 31 Answers ]

What are my rights if a hospital tries to make me stay but I want to leave?

View more questions Search