Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janietta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2019, 04:42 PM
    How to remove family member
    Not the above person but 80 yr old male tried to get police to remove 40+ year old son w/rap sheet.. long one... and son had thrown broom, then dustpan at him as he was going to his room to hopefully stop the verbal abuse... police didn't remove son... Pender Co NC
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2019, 07:39 PM
    Is house owned or rented? And in whose name?

Does younger man have a rental agreement, is younger man part owner or on the lease of the home.

If the answer is that the younger man is not on the ownership or lease of the home, but the older man is, the older man give written notice to the younger man. Best to have it done also by legal service. Depending upon the local laws, that will give the younger man about 30 days to move out. If the younger man does not move, then the older man takes the younger man to court to get an eviction.

Does younger man have a formal rental agreement with older man?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove an unwanted family member from my home [ 5 Answers ]

Other than going through the eviction process, how can I remove a family member who has become disruptive, abusive and violent? My son was charged with Felony Domestic Violence in Arizona for attacking his wife, no his ex. As part of his probation he was allowed to return to Georgia to serve the...

How do I legally remove family member from my home [ 3 Answers ]

My elderly sick parents have a son and his girlfriend living in their house completely unwelcomed. He has taken over half of the house and does not pay for anything. He eats their food. He has asked for money to move out and my parents have agreed to give him five thousand dollars with the...

Remove family member in Minnesota [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 23-year and lives with me. I told her to move out and she will not. She drinks everyday, has her boyfriend enter the home at night, and does not pay rent or look for work. Last night her boyfriend entered through the window and I asked him to leave. He then went with her to sleep...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Remove a family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can I remove an adult family member from my home She does not follow any rules and does not help out or do anything. She comes and goes when she feels like it and is upsetting the house hold

View more questions Search