Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmaq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2019, 10:40 AM
    If you accidentally insulted a girl’s intelligence, should you apologize or not?
    A girl I like was saying she struggled with school in the past.
    I tried to show I cared for her by saying
    "It must be difficult for you back then.
    It must have been hard and difficult for you.".

She got angry with what I said and said she could definitely type faster than me.
    I am not entirely sure how by caring for her she could suddenly be angry at me.
    I assume I word my responses badly and made her think I thought she is not intelligent so struggled at school.

Around few weeks have passed now.
    She would sometimes say things to hurt me (relating to my intelligence).

Should I apologize to her?

Or

Would apologizing make the situation worst?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 20, 2019, 11:06 AM
    I see nothing wrong with apologizing for a misunderstanding, but be aware she may not apologize back for taking it the wrong way. In that case I leave her alone. You can never tell where things lead or how they turn out unless you give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intelligence [ 1 Answers ]

I'm intelligent enough to get by, decent scores, grades solid, but I just don't have the motivation. I'm thinking of taking a semester off and 'finding myself'. Does anyone have similar thoughts or've experienced this?

How to apologize to a girl's father? [ 11 Answers ]

I was angry and texted this girl some pretty mean stuff and she showed her dad. How do I get him to forgive me?

Intelligence [ 2 Answers ]

Are we any more intelligent as humans than 200 hundred years ago? I don't mean base intellignece because I believe if some intelligent beings from long ago lived today (Newton, Edison, Einstein), they would still be considered as intellignet as humans go today.

Is intelligence in DNA? [ 8 Answers ]

If so, does it mean that intelligence is inevitable? I.e. intelligence would be a late process. In that case, intelligence may not be a final process. What would a later process be? The idea that intelligence is an evolutionary fluke may be wrong: because if intelligence is a process invoked...

View more questions Search