Ask
    Dana74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2019, 03:00 PM
    Cant pull starter chord on generac
    See above... G 5500 SEEMS FROZEN. Cord won't pull
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2019, 03:47 PM
    Could be seized engine or jammed pull starter. Remove the oil cap on the bottom side and check for oil. This is a 4 stroke engine with separate fuel and oil systems. If you remove the pull starter, you can try to turn the engine through the flywheel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro lawn mower 200016 recoil starter is stuck. I am unable to pull the chord. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Toro lawn mower 200016 recoil starter is stuck. I am unable to pull the chord anymore. Prior to now, there have been instanced where the chord would not retract. However, as of today, it will no longer allow me to pull it out. Any ideas?

Why I can pull the cord on my generac generator [ 4 Answers ]

I recently bough this used generator. It started a few times with no problem. This generator has an electric start that doesn't work. The other day I push the button and made a grinding noise. Today I try to start it but I can't pull the cord, it gets stuck. I remove the 4 screws that holds the...

WeedWackers pull chord is not working [ 1 Answers ]

Something is wrong with my weed wackers pull chord. When you pull on it, you hear like the chord holder moving but nothing happening. I tried openning it up but I can't remove this metal thing chord thing to get to the pull chord. Im not sure what this metal chord thing is that's in the way, but it...

View more questions Search