Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juniper2016 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2019, 09:08 PM
    He just wants to be friends... do I do that?
    We dated for three months, everything was going really well. I met all of his friends and some of his family and apparently they all loved me. Honestly, everything was going exceptionally well. He had the conversation with me about the fact we weren’t seeing other people as he dropped me off at the airport before Christmas. I went home for ten days and I haven’t seen him since. I asked him what the deal was and he said he lost feelings for me over the ten days I was gone... that he had a lot of feelings for me before but he lost them for some reason and doesn’t know why but wants to be friends. My girlfriend told me he had been talking to another girl which she found out while I was gone... I confronted him about this and he said he didn’t choose to be single because of someone else and that he wants to be friends with me because we get along so well. Am I just being ridiculous in starting to believe this? Should I be friends or am I just being weak?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2019, 10:16 AM
    Is this middle school? Regardless, leave the guy alone and move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2019, 10:37 AM
    Sure be friends, AFTER you have gotten over the shock and confusion of being dumped because somebody better came along. Until then leave him alone and cut any contact, and go about your healing business. Take your time and then you can better decide if YOU want to even be his friend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2019, 09:11 PM
    I would leave him alone and cut him out of my life for now, Later if you want to be friends fine but time to get over him.

10 days, wow, so he really never felt a lot for you.
    mohsin7t6 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2019, 02:12 AM
    I would disregard him and cut him out of my life until further notice, Later on the off chance that you need to be companions fine however time to get over him.

10 days, stunning, so he extremely never felt a great deal for you.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2019, 04:01 AM
    Just because he want to be a friend doesn't mean you have to. Sometimes things just doesn't work out and it can be a blessing in disguise. So to answer your question "do i do that", no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One of my bfs friends that is a girl won't stop texting him and says she's his best friends [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for two months and one of his friends that is a girl (he has a few that are) won't stop texting him when we are together. I have asked him to tell her to back off the texting when we are together and he did and she gave him a gilt trip saying that they are best...

My friends friends signed a contract using her name? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I found out the my friends friend submitted her picture to a modeling agency and they liked her so the person signed a contract using her name. Now she is forced to work for them is this legal? If she gave the person no permission to sign the contract which she didn't isn't it not binding? ...

Is it OK for my wife to have single guy friends but has no married guy friends? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it OK for my wife to have single guy friends and no married ones. They Facebook and text each other some are at the bar when she goes linedancing

Me and my best friends like the same guy . The guy pick my best friends but I stell like him helpp [ 6 Answers ]

First I like him than she come and stell him away like evry time I like someone my best friends like the same guy rigth after I tell her in 2 days . It's like she don't want me to get a boyfriend , and she have like 2000000 boyfriend and she love a pers for 1 week and it's over

My friends husband cosign for a apartment and she use her first name and my friends s [ 1 Answers ]

My friends husband use as a cosigner for a apt lease without her knowledge and they use another name with the husband last name and thet want to get out of the lease what is the procedure to go tru this the landlord said that the husband can be out off the lease if the other tenant will find...

View more questions Search