Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigdaddyD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2019, 07:55 AM
    Thermostat not reading proper room temp and heat running all night
    Thermostat set at 70 heat running all night and room temp feels warmer. Remove thermostat and remove batteries for a few minutes. Reinstall and readout is 2 degrees higher.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Feb 11, 2019, 01:59 PM
    Replace the battries.
    Might want to try setting the thermostat down to a lower temp and or trun off your thermostat all together and see what happens.

What is your heat source?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maple Chase home programmable thermostat unpredictable resets day temp to night temp [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Maple Chase home electronic programmable thermostat. No model # on unit. Even after I take front cover off. Probably 10 years old. I set night temp to 65 and the other 3 settings to 70 I winter. The unit however will suddenly drop the day temp to 65. I have pressed the reset button and...

Selecting Thermostat with proper temp. Differential [ 5 Answers ]

Hello - Recently I had Lux digital thermostat replaced. After several attempts with Honeywell tstats -- that were cycling the death out of my furnace -- had contractor install White-Rodgers 1f56-444 mercury-style tstat. After devouring this site, I learned to adjust the heat anticipator to 1.2 A,...

Thermostat -- reading vs. indoor temp [ 1 Answers ]

Several times I have noticed that the thermostat reads current temp as 12 degrees above what it is outside, is this right as there is nothing on at the time in my house producing heat? Is my thermostat faulty or does my house hold heat? Example temp outside 64f temp in my house 78f. I don't...

Thermostat reading rises as room temp drops-AC won't turn off [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I had an Carrier Model 58STA/STX system installed to cool/heat a 400sqft. Room in my shop. My thermostat is a digital CTC Model 43054. Specific problem is the unit never shuts off automatically - the termostat reading starts rising when I turn thermostat switch on to cool. The room cools...

Ducted heating control is reading room temp incorrectly. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a vulcan ducted heating system, model no. 9255. The control unit is displaying the room temp as 35C when it is actually 11C or less. 35C is the max temp possible. As the room temp is displayed at the max temp, the heating will not come on as it its thermostatically controlled. I have...

View more questions Search