Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JeanLB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2019, 04:59 PM
    Does vizio TV have a remote for regular cable viewing and switching to dvd player?
    I have a flat-screen vizio TV that I am unable to switch between satellite viewing (directv) and playing a DVD player. Is there an additional remote for the TV that allows me to switch from one to the other without removing cables for one or the other?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2019, 07:37 AM
    You need a separate remote for the DVD player, even though you should be able to switch the modes on your TV, without switching cables. Is it possible to reprogram your TV remote for the DVD? Are you using a directtv remote? That is programmable for other devices if I remember correctly. See if this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVuZlK-xVOU

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to hook up my dvd player to my vizio TV [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone please help me hook up my dvd player to my vizio TV? Some pertinent information. My new sony dvd player came with yellow, white and red cables. The back of the DVD player has yellow = video, orange = coaxial, white = L audio, red = R audio. My vizio TV however, has green = y/v,...

How to switch between cable and dvd player on vizio hdtv [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a Vizio model M420NV HDTV and a Vizio bluray player model VBR 120 which is with internet apps. I want to connect together but have UVerse wireless cable box that I would like to hook up also. Can I connect cable/DVR to coaxial port and connect Bluray Player with HDMI cable. If so, how do...

Dish Network DVR, regular TV and regular DVD player [ 0 Answers ]

How are we suppose to hook up our regular TV to our Dish Network DVR and our DVD player? We also have a regular VCR. Can anyone help me figure out all these red, yellow, and white cords and where they all go!! Thanks.

DVD/VCR Hookup to Vizio LCD Tv With No Cable Box [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem I'm having. My mom recently purchased a Vizio LCD 32" TV and for Christmas we bought her a DVD/VCR combo. I tried hooking this up for her but am confused because there is no input/out for the cable coming from wall to hook into on the DVD/VCR. I...

Vizio hook up without cable [ 0 Answers ]

Recently I canceled my cable, now I have a TV with no cable box. Do I have to get a converter to watch TV. I didn't think so, since it's a digital TV? Please help.

View more questions Search