Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2019, 03:59 PM
    Sudden political hatred
    Recently I attended a meeting of writers. We were all discussing our works and exchanging ideas. There was a certain person in attendance who was NOT a writer, but had just come to "observe". No one had ever seen him before. When we were about to leave someone mentioned that there was an older photo on the wall of President Trump. Someone in the group shouted "Oh Take That down" and another person said "Cross him Off." Up until then everyone in our group had been enjoying themselves. The person who was just observing declared out loud "That he would never attend again because we all are so disrespectful to the President." and he walked out.We were stunned. What does anyone think of this. He could have handled it a little differently we thought than walk out. Appreciate any feedback. Thank You.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2019, 06:14 PM
    I agree, if I had seen such disrespect and hatred in a group, I would not have returned to it either.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2019, 06:33 PM
    "Sudden political hatred" by the "observer"?? He showed hatred?
    "HE could have handled it a little differently"?? Why was your group stunned? After all, the writers group you were with started the issue, didn't they? No one on your writers group was stunned by the "Take it down" or "cross him off" comments?
    Would everyone else just sat there if no one objected to the comments about Trump. So, one side stuns and the other accepts? While I don't agree with certain issues of Trump, to say "Take it down" or "cross him off" shows great disrespect in YOUR obviously sophisticated writers group. I wouldn't come back either, writer or not.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2019, 06:55 PM
    Who really gives a flying %#$@. He isn’t a writer, you’ve never seen him before. Why are the actions of this stranger bothering you so much?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2019, 04:20 AM
    Maybe he was just a sensitive right wing loony amongst left wing loonies and simply felt really out of place..
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2019, 05:59 AM
    My friends and I do not discuss politics because it takes a nasty turn every time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've completed AB in Political Science, can regard myself as a political philosopher [ 2 Answers ]

I have completed a four year degree AB in Political Science, with that can regard myself as a political philosopher? I have long been interested with the state, the best form it, its functions and parts, and its relations which led me to take up the course of Political Science and with academic...

Hate good looking well built men -hatred for sake of hatred [ 8 Answers ]

I can't stand the sight of good looking well built men - and if at all I come across them I feel like like doing something really bad to them - something demonic (I mean really ,barbaric perverse actually )and down right brutal to the core - you know what I mean? -ogrish.com >> this despite...

Hatred and argument [ 14 Answers ]

I love to argue. :D I don't understand why but I love being angry at someone! Everyone tells me I'm a nice person and I'm so popular and no one talks about me behind my back, but the only reason I'm nice, is so people don't think I'm horrible, I'm charitable for selfish reasons. I posted before...

A Political Joke from a Non-Political Person, LOL [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... thought this was funny and wanted to share it with all of you... A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I am the head of the family..so call me the President..... Your mother is the administrator of the...

Love and Hatred [ 4 Answers ]

Someone told me, the opposite of love is hatred. Is that right?

View more questions Search