rtrslrtrr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2019, 07:08 AM
    When using leds can you run 1 wire and connect them all parallel
    I am making a model I want to light up using led's
    Can I connect them in a parallel or series circuit
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2019, 07:29 AM
    You can do it either way, but in series the resistance builds as you add lights, so the lights get dimmer and dimmer as you add more of them. Parallel is the way to go. However, it can't be done by running one wire. It will require two wires between each light.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2019, 06:21 PM
    Be careful of three things. Make sure that the voltage is correct, the current supply isn't too great and remember that LED's have a positive and negative side. You may need a series resistor to cut down the current.
    https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/219

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have a black and white wire, to connect to a red and blue, what colors connect? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plug end cord that ends in a black and a white wire. It must be joined to a submersible pump whose cord ends in blue and red. What colors get connected to each other?

Are three strands of 12/3 wire running parallel better than one 10/3? [ 2 Answers ]

I had my generator wired directly into my circuit box. I had a 30a 220 breaker, which matches the 30a breaker on the generator. (You get the idea: turn off the service breaker and as many other breakers as necessary; start the generator and turn on its breaker into the box. Not to code, but let's...

Is it possible to connect electronic devices with computer parallel ports? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect LCD,TV, or any electronic devices with computer parallel ports?

View more questions Search