Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freemandl1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2019, 10:55 PM
    Own mobile home on leased land, what rights do I have.
    I own a mobile home in a park, on leased land. The owner passed away. His ex wife.. not on deed.. and son.. who is.. have taken over. All dealings have been with his ex wife. I have lived here almost 7 years. I have a contract of $1,000 a year until jan. 1st , 2020. I was informed in dec. 2018, that the lot lease was going to $2,400 a year. Of course, they know they have to honor my contract til 2020. But, i can not afford $2,400 payable in 1 payment. I am on disability. Many home owners here, have already moved, for the same reason, cant afford it. They don't want to buy my trailer, and it is a nice one. I am having trouble trying to sell it, it is hard selling that $2,400 lease. Do they think i am supposed to just surrender my home to them. What rights do i have. It cant be moved, due to a built up roof, and a room addition. What can i do.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2019, 09:21 AM
    You are pretty much stuck. The contract will most likely be enforceable. However, if you can save $200 per month for this year, you are OK. Don't know where you are located but I looked up lot rentals in some areas of FL. Nothing less than $400, so $200 per month sounds pretty low to me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2019, 03:11 PM
    It can be moved, but all the additions would have to be taken off.

$2400 a year is very low, the cheapest I know here is about 350 a month (monthly payments) for about $4200 a year.

But yes, if you do not pay, and then do not move the home, they can sue for the money owed for rent and late payments, and put a lien on the home, Then if you still don't pay, they can have it sold (which often no one bids and they end up owning it.

That sadly is just how it works if you don't own the land. You can try to work out payments with them, And as noted, start saving money this year to pay for next year.

But as noted, payments of 300 to 400 is not out of line at all for "lot rent"

Also of course, you can try to sell the home now, to someone else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abandoned mobile home on my land, how to get title [ 8 Answers ]

I just purchased a 2.5 acre parcel of land that has a mobile home on it. When the previous owner purchased the land, the mobile home was on it at that time too. In the window of the mobile home, it shows an eviction paper from 2010 from another county. I called the Department of Housing in...

My sisters mobile home has gone through forcloser, it is on my land. I want it off. [ 1 Answers ]

My Sister's mobile home is on my land, it's gone through forecloser and the note company is draging their feet about coming to get it, I need to move a new house on it to help with the land payment. How do I get it off? Can I evict them? I have own this land since 1996. Thanks in Texas.

Land owner won't let me move my mobile home [ 18 Answers ]

Can the owner of the land keep my mobile home? What do I need to file in court in order to move my mobile home?

Can I sell a mobile home that is affixed and keep the land [ 2 Answers ]

Can I sell a mobile home that is affixed and keep the land

View more questions Search