Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terripie84 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2019, 05:49 PM
    Lonely stay at home married mother
    Long story short, married for 4.5 years, twin 15 month olds amd a 6 year old son from previous relationship. Husband works outside the home, and plays hockey couple times a week, I do not go out or do anything because of money and I have 3 kids to watch and next to zero outside help. Husband has always been a crab of sorts, never really wanting to take me out places/do things with me and kids, he says its too much work and would rather stay at home on weekends. Im lonely during week, no friends, don't really want any, and would rather hang out with husband and kids, but sick of being I the house ALL the time. Talked many times with husband about being taken out more, walks free things around town, even movies or bowling. He makes an effort for a week or two, then back to same old. Today I lost it, yelled, told hin how isolated I feel, he said yet again he understands amd things will change.. and is taking two hours off work tonight to play hockey. Im annoyed, I'm feeling fed up, I don't think he understands, he gets his fun, I get many hours alone at home. Do I leave him and find someone who will take me out more and the kids? Ive talked to him about this lots.. but he is selfish I feel, as long as he's happy, he has his sports, then all is well with life. Well I'm fed up.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 11, 2019, 08:52 PM
    I’m not sure if you have considered leaving the kids at home with him and getting out by yourself. I always find that if you have a part of your life that is “me time”, you’ll be happier. It doesn’t have to cost money. You can go to the library and sit and read in peace and quiet, or grab a cup of coffee. I hope you have some friends that can join you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married and lonely [ 1 Answers ]

My Stair Step Sister Just Recently Died of Cancer. And my wife is there for me 24/7 but there is a hollow spot in my mind/ heart/soul and I hurt some kind of bad. I wish I could fall in Love again!Please help!

Is it normal for a mother to stay married to the molester of her children? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, My Mother married a man who was very sexual. He involved her in sex games, foursomes with friends, walking naked with him through the house around her three children, etc... She used to make us take naps with this man. When I was nine years old there was an "incident" while taking a...

Married Pregnant and very lonely [ 5 Answers ]

So my husband and I have been married for only 9 months, I am 6 months pregnant with our second child (we have a four year old together) and I have never felt more alone. He goes out to the bar, is involved in softball, bowling and plus hangs out with friends often outside of the house. I'm dying...

Un-married stay-at-home infant dad fighting for custody [ 15 Answers ]

Ok so this is what's going on. My daughter's mother and I have been happily together for 4 years. We started as high school sweethearts. When she became pregnant, she moved from her parents mobile home, into my parents apartment with me. My daughter's mother, gave birth to my daughter at age 18, I...

Married but still lonely. [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Canada and recently married a man from the UK. I spent a month there and married but had to return to work. We are waiting for his temporary resident visa to come through. Before I went to the UK he always made time for me whether it be by email, text, msn or on the phone. I have been...

View more questions Search