Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meganpetterson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2019, 03:29 PM
    New Asphalt Driveway is Rough & Pitted
    We had our asphalt driveway redone. The day it was completed we noticed it was rough and pitted throughout. There are areas where the pits or crevices are an inch deep. It looks terrible and we are concerned that it was not compacted correctly and that it will not hold up over time. After contacting the contractor, he stated he is also concerned about how it turned out, but assured us he will fix it when it warms up in the spring. Initially he stated he would use a material with sand to fill in the holes and areas of pitting. When we responed that "fixing" it with a patch didn't meet our expectations of the brand new driveway we paid for and that we felt it needed to be torn up and redone, he got irritated. When asked what the "fix" was he was referring to, he refused to say but stated he would fix it.

Questions: is there a structually sound "fix" for this type of problem that will still allow the driveway to hold over time? What type of fix is it?

What recourse do we have if we aren't satisfied with the outcome? Take him to court?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 10, 2019, 05:25 AM
    I guess the contractor did not remove old asphalt and apply new. Your original driveway must have been pretty old to not hold up to a relatively easy fix; mostly on a good driveway surface an application of sealer done by the owner brings the driveway up to snuff. Why don't you wait and see how he performs with his fix. In our climate, which is southeastern Ontario, asphalt is not done until late May.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My newly installed asphalt driveway is pitted in areas [ 5 Answers ]

We have a brand new asphalt driveway 24hrs old that has areas of pitting (more visible aggregate with pits the size of dimes to quarters and up 1/4" deep). I would estimate that at least 50% of the driveway has this appearance while the other 50% is smoother in appearance. It would seem to me that...

New asphalt driveway? [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, I just had my drive paved last week and while washing my car, noticed that some of the Water seemed to soak into the surface while some ran off. Is this normal?

New asphalt driveway [ 6 Answers ]

I just had a new asphalt driveway installed yesterday. How lond do I need to wait before I should drive on it? Thanks

Should I resurface my asphalt driveway or get a complete new asphalt driveway [ 3 Answers ]

My asphalt driveway looks so bad that my insurance company has considered it a serious hazard. Do I resurface the existing driveway. I have a contractor telling me that he would level the existing driveway and place a 2 inch top coat of asphalt on top. Will a resurface last just as long as a...

Oil on asphalt driveway [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to remove oil of a leaky car from my asphalt driveway?

View more questions Search