Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Salonika333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2019, 07:57 PM
    Clothes dryer electric cord
    Hi, I am puzzled!
    The Maytag dryer I just bought has a three wire connection plus the ground wire, four total. I have to buy a new cord to fit my wall outlet which also has a four wire connection BUT the ground connection is in the center of the outlet. I have not been able to find a cord to match the outlet but I am also told that I can just connect the three main wires from a three wire cord to the three main connections on the dryer and forget about the ground connection. This seems risky to me. I am incluuding pics of areas mentioned. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Attached Images

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2019, 09:40 AM
    https://www.homedepot.com/s/3%2520wi...520cord?NCNI-5

And the instructions as follows. Basically it's the same as your 4 wire without the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZcjafvhSSU

$20 bucks and a screwdriver...easy peezy. Save your 4 prong wire just in case you move.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is my Kenmore electric clothes dryer? [ 0 Answers ]

Model 110.680002010, Ser MO3609072 How old is my Kenmore Clothes Dryer. It recently stopped working. I don't want to repair a 10 year old dryer--do I?

Electric Clothes Dryer (Roper) Won't Heat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My Roper electric clothes dryer runs fine but won't heat. I've checked vent and filter for lint, tested the circuit and know I have 220v. At the plug. What should I do next? If I need to check the Heat Protector how do I do that and where do I find it? If I need to access/test the heating...

Squealing Gibson Electric Clothes Dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I read from this site that the rear drum assembly is usually the cause. When I looked up the part on appliancepartspros they also recommended that thefelt glide assembly be replaced. Is this something that should be done at the same time or is it generally just the rear drum assembly that needs...

How to change a3 prong cord to a 4 prong cord for an electric dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I moved into a house that has a 4 prong outlet and my dryer has a 3 prong cord, how do I go about changing the cord. I called an electrician put the job is to small for them to come. My manual only has about the where to put the neutral and the grounding wire but does not explain which screw to put...

Maytag electric clothes dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My Maytag electric clothes dryer gets hot but the clothes do not dry. What is wrong?

View more questions Search