Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1rose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2019, 06:23 PM
    Toilet bowl flushes 3 times before flapper goes down
    Mancesa toilet was stopped up. Used plunger and snake. Now when I flush the toilet bowl empties and fills 3 times before flapper goes down and tank fills. Most toilets when flushed the toilet bowl empties only one time before flapper goes down and tank fills. What do I need to do to fix? Replaced flapper and toilet fill valve. Still have the same problem.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 5, 2019, 09:49 AM
    Hi 1Rose

My guess is that you have the wrong replacement flapper. I would purchase a FLUIDMASTER ADJUSTABLE FLAPPER. Here, this flapper allows you to literally DIAL in the proper setting on the time it takes for the flapper to close. The flapper will have instructions on making adjustments. The adjustable flapper is available at all home improvement stores that I know of.

Name:  fluidmaster-toilet-flappers-502-64_1000.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  58.8 KB

Start there... post back with result or any questions.

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 7, 2019, 04:48 PM
    I am in agreement with Mark. You have a Low Flush Toilet. Look up the Brand & Model number of your toilet, and get the flapper designed for that particular toilet.

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help. My toilet bowl flushes fine the first couple of times but on the 3rd or 4th flu [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My toilet bowl flushes fine the first couple of uses but on the 3rd or 4th flush in a short period it doesn't drain all the way. Water level is fine and the bathroom sink and bathtub drain fine. If it is not used for a while then the toilet will flush fine again. Any help will be greatly...

What causes toilet bowl to overflow on one flush and the next it flushes ? [ 1 Answers ]

While troublshooting ,back to back flushes , will flush one time, next it overflows , I have checked for a blockage in my main line ( none found )

Toilet problem - bowl water disappears and then flushes itself [ 1 Answers ]

We have 2 toilets in the house where the bowl water seems to slowly drain out over 10-30 minutes, and then the toilet flushes itself. Any help would be much appreciated !

Toilet flapper won't stay down. It flushes, flapper seats then bobs back up in a sec [ 11 Answers ]

I have shortened the chain, lengthened the chain etc. It finally flushes O.K. & the bowl clears if I hold the handle down for a little bit, the flapper seats then bobs back up and has to be manually pushed down, then it stays. It is a new flapper

View more questions Search