Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Junior9000_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2019, 05:55 PM
    Investing in multi family real estate property
    So I have a few questions regarding investing into a multi family real estate property. Why is the cap rate so low for all the properties? For example, I'm going to use a current real estate listing:

The property costs: 5,875,000 . It has 70 units and the average occupancy rate is 95 percent.

So the cap rate is 8.5. Which means that if you calculate that 5,875,000 * .085 = 499,375 Meaning that's the expected overall income for one year. Why in heavens is this so low? The building has 70 UNITS.. If your getting income from 70 different apartments shouldn't that be substantially higher? Lets say each unit pays 1500 just to be fair.. 70 * 1500= 105,000 in one month and for a year 105,000 * 12= 1,260,000. Shouldn't this building be netting at least somewhere around a million after taxes and expenses? Someone please shed me some light into this

Check out some similar questions!

Real Estate Investing -Advantages of hiring a property professional? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, Im looking to start investing in rental properties, just wanted to know if anyone knows what are the advantages of hiring a professional property manager as opposed to myself taking care of the property? -louis

Real estate investing [ 3 Answers ]

How do you invest in abandon houses?

401k Real Estate investing [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to invest in some rental properties with the funds from my 401k. I do not want to "borrow" the funds, I want to invest the fund in real estate instead of the stock market. I read somewhere a while back that you can do that with an IRA account. Can any one point me in the right...

Cashflow Real Estate investing [ 10 Answers ]

I have a goal this year to purchase one investment property in Northern California where I live. I have found a broker who says he can help me find a cashflow investment with 100% financing. To me this is exactley what I want but seems to good to be true, especially in today's real estate market....

Real Estate Investing [ 3 Answers ]

Can a real estate investment, LLC be established without having an associates or brokers license. If there is no desire to represent the general public as an agent in buying or selling real estate and the only goal is to buy and sell real estate as an investment business for oneself. My question...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.