Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J goodfellow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2019, 12:25 PM
    What's this movie? Dying child miraculously cured!
    Please help!
    I am looking for the title of a medium-to-high-budget Hollywood film made in the late '90s to early '00s where a dying or crippled child is miraculously/mystically/mysteriously cured at the end of the film by carrying the child (a sickly little girl, I think) up a ramshackle wooden spiral ramp that her seemingly delusional abductor (the child's father?) had constructed in his back yard. The concerned mother of the child and the authorities had just arrived on the scene to see this miraculous event. There is stirring music and tearful front-lit faces on the witnesses to this scene -all very Spielbergian!

This seems like a Steven Spielberg or Tobe Hooper production but I haven't uncovered any involvement by them. The actors were all bland generic competent white people in their thirties--nothing memorable or distinctive about them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2019, 01:12 PM
    Is it this?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0107148/?ref_=m_tt_urv

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hous...ds_(1993_film)

Check YouTube for the trailer and scenes.
    J goodfellow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2019, 02:35 PM
    That is it!!

Thanks for answering this for me because I have been trying to figure this one out for years!

I am amazed that you figured this out since several of my clues were erroneous.

Profuse thanks and sincere apologies for my faulty hints and also apologies to Kathleen Turner and Tommy Lee Jones for labelling them "bland" and "generic" actors.

The trailer looks pretty good. I think that I'll watch the full movie tonight!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2019, 03:00 PM
    I'm a retired librarian who simply googled with useful keywords -- and doublechecked with my trivia-loving son who has Asperger's (think recall savant). Now we are going to check it out from the library and watch it. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie, Mother guest house dying hiding it from child [ 3 Answers ]

There is a newer movie that has to do with a child that resents its father for the wrong reasons. It is revealed in the film that the mother moved out of the family home and into the guest house to hide the fact that she was dying from her child/children. The child then has flashbacks and comes...

Sweet child is dying [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.I`m looking for old song but I don't knaw who sings it and the name. I know only 4 first words but I hope someone will recognise it. It sounds like this " Sweet child is dying..."

Sci Fi Movie Expert - Dying Sun Movie With Android [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie roughly five years ago on Television - it could have been made for TV, but was pretty high quality; and it has been killing me to find this! There was a spacecraft with crew; and a man and woman who have a romantic scene; at the end the woman ended up being an Android and she...

Our adored cat 'Bow' was savaged by a Staffy and miraculously survived [ 3 Answers ]

On Saturday our adorable and much loved himalayan persian 'Bow' was viscously savaged by a Staffy dog. It was an horrific ordeal, yet miraculously Bow is alive and home with us again after two nights of emergency vet care. The dog has not done as well as a man who came running to our aid after...

View more questions Search