Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2019, 10:23 AM
    Reverse Mortgage
    One of the church members is thinking about a reverse mortgage.
    I know they have some expensive fees. Do they take those fees
    Off the amount before you receive the funds. He thinks he will get the whole $100,000
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 2, 2019, 01:13 PM
    Best to have an expert to run his numbers and explain his options, so he can make an informed decision based on FACTS.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2019, 01:18 PM
    Thank You
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2019, 04:47 PM
    The fees are paid either up front or from the proceeds of the loan. If they are paid from the proceeds, your church member will not get the whole $100,000. The amount will be reduced by the cost of the fees.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2019, 03:41 AM
    Very Good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment, Reverse Mortgage. [ 1 Answers ]

I have two questions: 1. Since I received a reverse mortgage on a property located in Lee County, Florida, I've ALWAYS kept my insurances, taxes, and condo fees up to date. But I am now receiving "debt collection" calls from the lender informing me that they have but received proof of...

Reverse mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am possibly interested in buying my neighbors house. They obtained a reverse mortgage when the husband got sick and I guess she's been receiving monthly $ from Bank of America to help pay for her caregivers. She died recently and I'm wondering how I can go about making an offer. They...

Reverse mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of reverse mortgages. Also, could you include comments on what happens when you want to sell your house after you have accepted a reverse mortgage. Thanks in advance.

Reverse mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I am renting a house that is probate, the man died in December, he had a reverse mortgage on this house since 1994, he lived to be 99 years old, the original mortgage was brought by another bank, I need help in finding who bought the reverse mortgage, the son said it will go into...

Reverse mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

I know how reverse mortgage it works. But suppose the house is owned jointly by husband and wife. The husband is over 62. But the wife is not. What happens to the house if the husband dies. Since both names appear on the deed?

View more questions Search