Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THEDAD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2019, 11:17 AM
    Outdoor sewage systems 912-0090by zoeller
    How do outdoor sewage systems work in the winter is pump deep enough in a 30 inch tank and do you heat trace discharge line
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 3, 2019, 07:24 AM
    Hi

The sewage ejector is usually a lot deeper than 30" to begin with. If you must , for some reason, have a pump at only 30" deep then yeah, heat tracer wire and insulation should help chances of reducing a freeze up.

QUESTIONS:

Why only 30" deep?

Do you plan for a secondary back up pump (I would)?

How about an alarm system to tell you when the pump(s) has failed?

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zoeller WM266 waste discharge pump [ 7 Answers ]

I have a recently replaced Zoeller WM-266 waste discharge pump for a Qwik Jon system in my basement. The pump continues to hum (usually at night when I'm not using the water in the basement) It makes this noise for as long as four minutes before it engages or out of frustration I will turn the...

Do basement sewage systems have to be sealed with anything more than flexible gaskets [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a tank and sewage sump pump. Do the tank openings need to be sealed with anything more than the flexible gaskets that came with the tank?

Up-Flush Toliets: SaniFlo or Zoeller? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need to install an up-flush toilet in a 3/4 bathroom in my basement. I need it to handle toilet, shower, and sink. Can anyone recommend the best company/model to buy? I see 2 main ones out there that I'm trying to choose between: the SanFlo SaniPlus or the Zoeller Quik Jon Ultima 202. ...

Zoeller Check Valve [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Zoeller ejector pump installed in my basement pit. I have a Zoeller check valve installed about 20" above the pit cover. The pump cycles about every two hours without any toilet or sink use. I can hear liquid flowing in the pipe. The system is about 18 months old and it was...

Zoeller ejector pump stopped working [ 6 Answers ]

I came out of my shower this morning to find my basement flooded because my ejector pit overflew. I tried unplugging and plugging my Zoeller pump in, but nothing. I JUST had this pump installed maybe a month ago after my Ridgid pump from Home Depot that I installed in January crapped out. I...

View more questions Search