Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard2018 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2018, 09:51 PM
    Vanity Sinks, without overflow,cast marble sink
    Is there any kits out there for modifying cast marble sinks without overflow. Like drilling a hole, inserting a fitting through the sink, and then plastic tubing to a dishwasher why fitting below the sink drain?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2018, 10:00 AM
    You will need a diamond drill bit(s) for sure to drill through hard substances like marble or granite and help to keep the drill area cool, and well lubricates as you drill to avoid cracks or damage. There are kits available after your hole is drilled, like this.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2018, 10:08 AM
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...+kit&FORM=IGRE

Is your sink a separate inlay or one piece with the counter top?

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/enlarg...ter-29139.html
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 27, 2018, 04:12 PM
    Hi Richard

Talaniman showed you a way to do what you requested... pretty cool, even I've not seen one of those!

With that being said, I think it's a lot of work when I'm pretty sure your only issue is that your sink is draining poorly. If I'm right and the issue is just that the sink drains poorly then I would consider purchasing an UMBRELLA (or MUSHROOM) STYLE VESSEL SINK DRAIN (see image).

Name:  205618-mushroom-lavatory-drain-ch.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  62.3 KB

These drains swap out easily with the pop-up assembly in place and there is no risk to cracking the sink or all the messy drilling and clean up. Further, these umbrella style drains increase the air flow that mixes with the water as it drains from the sink and make a HUGE difference for situations exactly like yours.

So there you go... options, options, options!

Post back with any questions...

Mark
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2018, 07:07 PM
    Can you elaborate in detail on the "dishwasher" connection ? Are you trying to connect dishwasher to the sink drain ? Not sure I follow you. Thank you. Milo
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 31, 2018, 09:21 AM
    Hi Milo

Richard is talking about drilling hole through sink and connecting the overflow hole into a dishwasher BRANCH WYE fitting. I'd be surprised if he returns... why I came in to clear it up!

Happy New Year!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 1, 2019, 11:58 AM
    Hello Mark,
    Thank you for explaining it to me. Now it makes sense

Happy New Year to you !

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What adhesive works for bathroom vanity cast iron sink and hudee ring [ 4 Answers ]

We are replacing the cast iron sink in the bathroom and need an adhesive for the sink and hudee ring, thank you

Would a vanity sink be made with the overflow [ 5 Answers ]

We have 5 bathroom vanity-style sinks in our upstairs. Looking under each sink, there is a "ridge" of sorts that is exactly where an overflow would run. The sink drains even have the hole for the overflow, just no holes in the actual sinks. All the sinks upstairs are like this, and they all drain...

Why would someone close off the bathroom sinks drain in sink overflow holes [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is 40 years old with the original bathroom sink... There is an overflow hole on the top inside of the sink, which is still open with water in it and smells... Some one closed off with metal on the overflow drain in the pipe you can see where the holes were... We unblocked one on the...

Single sink vanity to a double sink vanity [ 1 Answers ]

How do I convert the waste line from a single bowl sink to a double bowl sink vanity. chowdry

Attaching marble sink-top to vanity? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know the proper way to attach a marble sink-top to the vanity underneath? I don't want to drill into the sink-top, but want to be sure that if it gets bumped, it will not move around. Thanks in advance! Rob

View more questions Search