Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chippinbob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2018, 10:08 AM
    Shower head dripping after turning off
    Not always, but frequently, the shower head drips water after turning off the water which causes a problems if trying to dry yourself before leaving the shower. It does it every time, for 4 or 5 days, then will stop for 20 or so days, then start again. How can this be fixed?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 25, 2018, 12:42 PM
    Most shower heads will drip for a little while after shutting the water off... just air displacing the water from the shower head by gravity is all. In this case, however, it does sound like you may need to get a replacement shower cartridge and replace the cartridge assembly to solve the problem. Determine the name brand of the shower valve and contact the manufacturer of the valve... most likely, the parts are under warranty and will be sent to you free of charge.

Post back if you have any other questions.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower head dripping [ 5 Answers ]

I have an American Standard (colony, I believe) shower control valve. It has two oval-type seals and one round seal in the cartridge. My shower head has been dripping very slowly for a couple months now. I replaced the cartridge as I thought this would be the fix but I still have the dripping,...

Dripping Shower Head [ 0 Answers ]

I have the common drip from the shower head. I have a Kohler Faucet set - 3 years old, Shower only - single handle. I am guessing my hard water does not help matters. I have cleaned the head (lots of minerals), replaced the head washers – still have my drip. It's a Kohler K-304-KS value. My...

Faucet pull out knob and shower head dripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have an EMCO standard tub faucet. There is water draining out of the shower pull out knob and the shower head itself when I am just pouring a bath. Why is this happening and can I get parts to fix this problem? Also, I can’t figure how to remove the pull out knob thing to see if it’s a...

American Standard - dripping from shower head [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem with water dripping from my shower head. I have American Standard hardware with a single lever knob (shower only, no tub). I installed a new cartridge 023529-0070A but that has not fixed the problem. My house is only 4 years old. I'm not a skilled DIY type but this...

View more questions Search