Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2018, 05:54 PM
    How to connect a VHS to a VCR
    I have a Phillips DVD Player / VCR DVP 3345V combination VHS and DVD
    Player. The VHS side has begun eating tapes.
    I have a spare Toshiba M635 VHS only player that I want to run in conjunction
    With my Phillips VCR and use the Phillips player only for DVD's and use the
    Toshiba when I want to view VHS tapes.
    To connect the two, can I simply connect red, yellow and white cables between the two units and make this set up work? If so, which of the two units would I connect as the output and which the input?
    Also, would I then need to program the TV to recognize the additional VHS
    Player?
    I appreciate your help with this. Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 24, 2018, 07:12 AM
    What kind of TV or monitor do you have to play those movies on? The simplest thing would be to independently connect devices to the TV, and use a universal remote.
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2018, 09:28 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have a wall mounted Panasonic flat screen TV that is approximately 8 years old.
    I thought about doing what you suggested but I did not want to have to damage my paint job by tearing the cable cover off the wall that has been painted over. An article I read said to simply just piggy back the VHS player to the existing VCR by way of additional red, white and yellow cables, but the article did not say exactly how to do this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2018, 06:07 AM
    I see. My guess would be to run the Combo as OUT to the INPUT of the VCR. (May need separate audio depending on your units) Set the VCR to play in the AUX or whatever settings it has for an add on device. That should work.

This may be of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEUhMEdDxFI

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have a black and white wire, to connect to a red and blue, what colors connect? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plug end cord that ends in a black and a white wire. It must be joined to a submersible pump whose cord ends in blue and red. What colors get connected to each other?

Cannot connect to HTTP HTTPS FTP servers, refresh 10 times connect, 1/2 pictures load [ 1 Answers ]

I've changed everything,trouble shoot thinks its firewall but I've changed its to allow https ftp and http Could not cannect,my secruity levels are all on medium, computer is about to slip out 10 story window soon Warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the...

I want to connect my headphone jack to my phone and connect bigger speakers [ 5 Answers ]

I want to connect my headphone jack to my phone and connect bigger speakers on the other end is that possible? What I tried is cutting the head phone jack to normal headphones but the cable they have inside are confusing, some have three or even four. I just want to connect my phone directly to...

Desktop will not connect to LAN on one particular outlet, but other PCs will connect [ 1 Answers ]

I am very puzzled and without a clue as why one of my PCs will fail ("A network cable is unplugged") to connect to my LAN using a particular outlet, but if I connect another PC, as a notebook, on the same outlet there are no LAN connection failures. Yet if I connect the desktop to another outlet,...

It won't connect? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, Iam running window xp for some reason almost every games I try to run doesn't connect and I tried to download and install the games again it still says the same not connect to the internet, however my internet works just fine I can download and surf internet. And also I try just to...

View more questions Search