Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kpridham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2018, 08:46 PM
    Eviction of a family member in Va
    My little cousin asked if I woyuld rent him a room due to former grandmother told him to either pay or get out (found this out after he moved in) but he told me that he was tired of them yelling at him for no reason. I had a meeting with his grandfather (my uncle) and him told him how much rent was going to be and the do's and don'ts. I furnished him my daughters old room with bed , fan etc. He agreed to it all. He moved in here October 8th October 17th is when I received the first $250 this covers utilities food and rent. Then everything started to hit the fan. He was leaving lights on in the house, the fan on in his room for 10 days straight, I had to go in and cut it off. So ran the electric bill up to $300.00 so I couldn't get food that week. My uncle provided food for him to eat that he wasted continuously. I had to hunt him down for the October rent continuously finally paid it. 17th of every month was his rent due date. He started not taking baths gets in the bed I provided dirty, leaving soda bottles food all over the room. I would have to go in there to check for food and trash which I got out of there myself. The sheets was on the bed for two months asked him to wash them, which he didn't. I went in there and got the sheets off the bed which the smell was unbearable can smell this all the way down stairs. I noticed that my daughters stuff in the wall was destroyed and thrown under the bed. He was smoking weed behind the house the neighbors saw him. I had a talk with him December the 12th about the behavior either stop pick up behind him lock the doors that he wouldn't lock. Either straighten up or have to leave by the end of February. He left 1 day before the rent was due December 16th. I asked him about the rent that he owed for December he said that he spent too much money that I would get it Decmeber the 20th. He ignores my texts and said he wasn't paying because he left before the rent was due, Can I sue him for rent, damages to the bed because I cant get the smell out of the bed, had to hire a professional cleaners to clean it but smell is still there? I know long story
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2018, 08:49 PM
    How old is this "little cousin"?
    Kpridham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2018, 08:55 PM
    21 years old
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2018, 08:11 AM
    Sue all you want, probably get nothing based on your comments. Change locks and be happy it wasn't worse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family member eviction [ 1 Answers ]

My mom wants to evict my brother from her home. He has never paid rent been there for about 10 years. How should she do it.

Family member eviction [ 1 Answers ]

Two and a half years ago, my son and his family entered into a verbal agreement with me. They would move into my home, pay the utilities, and save their money to re-mortgage/finance the house after two years so I could purchase a condo. About a year and a half ago, my son approached me concerning...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Family member eviction [ 5 Answers ]

I am in the state of Coonecticut, my daughter is out of control, how do I go about evicting her and what are my rights?

Eviction of a family member [ 3 Answers ]

My sister has her granddaughter living in her home rent free. She has three children and wants all of them to vacant her home. Since she is not paying rent, she cannot be legally evicted. What other course of action can she take.

View more questions Search