Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2018, 03:25 PM
    Bad leg rod repair caused infection
    Wife broke both leg bones in auto accident, 2 leg rods were put in the fibula and tibia, after about 2 weeks leg got really infected from the hardware, leg, after 8 months is still infected but expected to get better, the doctor did a great job, however, can the rod manafactor be sued for damages?. thanks, richard
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 21, 2018, 06:19 AM
    Anybody can be sued with the right lawyer and enough evidence, and money. Complications after such procedures are pretty normal though, and more common than you think.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2018, 09:25 AM
    "leg got really infected from the hardware".
    Sure, you can sue anyone BUT, can you prove that the rod(s) was in some way the cause of the infection? I would go more for an infection from the hospital. The following comment, while about knee replacements is interesting to read.

A knee replacement infection may develop in the wound after surgery. It may also occur around the artificial implant that is used to replace the knee joint. Harmful bacteria entering the wound usually cause the infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sinus infection caused by infected tooth? [ 7 Answers ]

I have had pain in my lower jaw and one of my lower molars for over one week. I even started getting pain in my jaw, neck, and ear. Then on New Year's Eve, I started feeling really sick. My whole mouth hurt. When I swallowed, it hurt my head. It felt as if something was stuck in my soft palate. ...

IBS caused by Intestinal Infection? And blood work results? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. 21 year old girl. In the beginning of April(2012) my husband took me to the hospital because I was having really bad stomach pain and diarrhea. They did a cat scan with contrast and blood work and admitted me saying I had an intestinal infection and bacteria and inflammation. They put me...

Contact Lens caused infection [ 7 Answers ]

Can I sue the contact lens company, cause my son got a bad eye infection from his new contact, when the infection heal. He will still have a little vision loss, leaving his vision blurred he is in High school play football, he cannot wear contact no more.

What steps can we take to get tenants to repair damage they caused? North Carolina [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! My husband and I own a home in Wake County, North Carolina. We live in New York. We have been renting our home to a family since June of 2007. We have a management company who oversees the property, collects the rent, etc. We were told in June that we had to pay $80.00 for a plumbing...

View more questions Search