Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hinamoriamu32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2018, 08:05 PM
    Activity on Probability
    1. If an airline's records show (over a period of time) that 468 of 600 of its jets from San Francisco to Phoenix arrived on time, what is the probability that any one of the airline's jets from San Francisco to Phoenix will not arrive on time?

2. In drawing a card from a deck of 52 well-shuffled, what is the probability of drawing a face card given that it is red?

3. A box contains 2 red, 3 white, and 4 blue balls. If 3 balls are drawn at succession without replacement, determine the probability that the first two are blue and the last is white.

4. A committee of four people is to be formed from six doctors and eight dentists. Find the probability that the committee will consist of the following two doctors and two dentist.

5. If three of twenty tires are defective and four of them are randomly chosen for inspection, what is the probability that one of the defective tires will be included?

6. If a coin is tossed twiced, what is the probability of getting a head on the second toss if the outcone on the first toss if also a head?

7. A bowl contains 15 red beads, 30 white beads, 20 blue beads, and 7 black beads. If one of the beads is drawn at random, what is the probabilities that it will be neither white or black?

8. What is the probability of drawing a number less than 3 when a die is rolled?

9. A bowl contains 15 red beads, 30 white beads, 20 blue beads, and 7 black beads. If one of the beads is drawn at random, what is the probabilities that it will be red?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 20, 2018, 12:23 AM
    Well that's great, what do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to help, we wont do all the work for you..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2018, 02:55 PM
    What? On a homework break? Some of these are very basic. e.. #8 how many sides on a die? How many sides less than 3? You do the math.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paranormal Activity in my home after 7 years of no activity? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband, two small children, and I have lived in our home for over 7 years. Recently, we have had some unexplained events happening. Our televisions have came on and off without timers. There has been noises coming over our computer speakers that are similar to noises heard from cellphone...

Geometric probability, conditional probability with area of square [ 2 Answers ]

Chose a point at random in a square with sides 0<x<1 and 0<y<1. Let X be the x coordinate and Y be the y coordinate of the point chosen. Find the conditional probability P(y<1/2 / y>x).

Compute the investing activity and the operating activity [ 6 Answers ]

ABC LTD reported the following information in the past year. $ Net Income 100,000 Purchase of building ...

Activity-Based Costing /Activity Cost pools [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I need some help with trying to figure out how to calculate the overhead cost per unit. I have computed the Activity rate as well as the overhead applied for both products. The following is the info provided: Product / Direct Labor hours / annual prod. ...

Activity Based Costing in Accounting - Activity Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm required to introduce Activity Based Costing in Finance branch of a Government Department. Does anyone know what Activity Drivers can be used for non-transactional based activities, such as preparation of Budgets, Annual Report, or other Accounting "common activities". The way system...

View more questions Search