Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unfound19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2018, 08:12 PM
    My friend was raped.
    I have a female friend that I've gotten really close to since my divorce. She recently opened up to me about her being raped a couple years back and what she told me led me to believe it was a good friend of mine and I may have helped incite the rape by sharing certain personal details of an encounter I had with my female friend earlier in the year(she had a rape fantasy). She has moved on but I really want to admit my possible role in the attack but I'm scared that this will ruin our relationship before it even really starts.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2018, 07:58 AM
    I am not sure what there is to gain in admitting anything. And your role wasn't really a role because according to what you wrote, you didn't do anything wrong. I don't see you as responsible for this person's actions. Maybe just being there for her would give her comfort.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 18, 2018, 08:44 AM
    I really don't think that now is the time to assuage your own guilt, and put her through the trauma of the past by reopening this can of worms on your flimsy evidence.

what she told me led me to believe it was a good friend of mine and I may have helped incite the rape by sharing certain personal details of an encounter I had with my female friend earlier in the year(she had a rape fantasy).
    Since you don't know, keep your mouth shut. Maybe more will be revealed later, maybe not. Maybe learn the lesson of your loose lips in personal private matters. I think you were wrong sharing her intimate facts with this friend in the first place. Another wrong assumption on your part that she has gotten over it. You really don't know that either.

Deal with your own feelings before it causes unnecessary emotional harm and drama by waiting for FACTS before you act or speak. There is just too much you don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about group of teenagers at house party murder friend as girls said he raped he [ 0 Answers ]

Movie about group of teenagers at house party murder friend as girls said he raped her so he gets stabbed and they try cover murder up

My friend been raped and I want to know if she is a virgin? [ 8 Answers ]

MY FRIEND haded a sleep over with her friend hause and her friend was sleeping in her bed with her his brother was sleeping in the other bed my friend was sleeping and his brother tuch her and he RAPED HER . HELP ME Please.

I was raped. [ 10 Answers ]

In my last relationship My boyfriend was very abusive from the start. Choking me. Hitting me if I didn't do what he said. And raping me... I don't know what to do from here. I told my friend. And he just went and told people that I was having sex. Now I'm stuck in this big mess...

Lied to my boyfriend about being raped.wasn't raped at all.what do I do? [ 45 Answers ]

Well, I told my boyfriend a little back ago that I was raped by my mother's boyfriend, but I was never raped in the first place... the guy never even touched me. I felt like he was ruining my life (since it was the first guy my mom started seeing after my mom and dad divorced). So, I wanted him...

View more questions Search