Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pepe2018 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2018, 11:44 AM
    Will a 2 years gap year and 1010/1600 SAT score affect my US student visa interview?
    I am accepted at Florida Institute of Tech with a $10,000 Scholarship and at Champlain College with $8,000 scholarship. I have a good reason for my low SAT score and for the gap year. I am fluent at English buy I don.t have TOEFL/IELTS score. Considering I have all the required financial documents and other things, how likely will I pass the interview?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2018, 04:16 PM
    Depends on many other factors,

How connected you are to your home country, you will need to prove you plan on returning. So do you have family over seas, this can actually hurt.

Most likely at the visa interview, they will not even look at scores, they will talk english to you, to see if they think you speak english, not look at scores. They will look at the money. And the paper work being accepted.

** to be honest often they don't even look at any of the paperwork you bring, and only ask a couple questions.

The last few months, they have been denying a lot of students from Asia (and accepting a lot) Many of the ones I know of from China were refused this year.
    pepe2018 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2018, 05:27 PM
    I have uncles at the US(what can I do/say about this?). And I am good at speaking English. Also what about the gap year? Will that be a huge factor for rejection?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does changing from a J1 to a H1 visa mid-way through the tax year affect my filing? [ 3 Answers ]

I moved to the US from Canada in March of 2011 and will be filing my US tax return for the first time. From March till Sept I was working in the US with a J1 visa, then it changed to a H1 visa. I think associated with that change is a change of status from non-resident alien to resident alien or...

FBAR for F-1 visa student after 5 years in US? [ 1 Answers ]

Is a student on F-1 visa in the US, who has stayed in the country for more than 5 years required to file FBAR? I came to the US in 2003 on F-1 visa. I converted to H-1 visa in Oct. 2010. From 2003-2008, I filed my taxes using a software provided by the university which filed 1040NREZ form. It...

I got 1010 gre score. Can I get admission in mph in us? [ 0 Answers ]

My gre score is 1010. Can I get admission in us in mph?

Preparation For Student Visa Interview In The Canadian High Commission [ 1 Answers ]

My name my is lawson a graduate of the University Of benin in nigeria. I wish to study my master in business administration in a canadian school . I have gotten admission letter from the school my question is this: What are the questions I should be expecting from the embassy staffs and what are...

What is the answer for the low GRE score for the F1 visa interview [ 1 Answers ]

What is the answer for the low GRE score for the F1 visa interview Can any one help me??

View more questions Search