Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr Donnelly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2018, 09:12 AM
    What are your thoughts about this beginning?
    Peter Bumby had just turned thirteen. He was quite tall for his age and well-built. He had short blond hair and blue eyes. This morning he was wearing a clean white shirt tucked in and his navy school tie with yellow stripes was neatly tied. Instead of his usual navy school ones, today he wore a new pair of smart grey flannel trousers, fastened with a black belt. His black shoes were well-polished.
    As he was walking to school a girl in his class came up behind him. She was slightly shorter than he was and had long dark hair. Her name was Rachel Pearson. She was wearing a white blouse and a navy skirt.
    ‘Good morning, Mr Bumby,’ she said. Peter blushed.
    ‘Good morning, Miss Pearson,’ he replied.
    ‘You look very smart today,’ she said.
    ‘Thank you,’ he replied. He hadn’t overcome his uneasiness, knowing that she was looking at him admiringly, as if trying to work out what was different about him.
    ‘Mr Bumby,’ she said, ‘have you got some new trousers on?’
    ‘Yes, Miss Pearson,’ Peter replied.
    ‘They’re lovely,’ Rachel said. ‘I think they suit you.’
    ‘Thank you,’ said Peter.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2018, 10:42 AM
    Personally it sounds way to formal, except if that is what you are trying to do. Sounds like one of my legal reports on an interview
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2018, 11:31 AM
    You posted a variation of this on November 11, 2015. Is there more to this story? Do you have a plan?
    Mr Donnelly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2018, 12:11 PM
    https://www.wattpad.com/1185329-the-...e-new-trousers

Complete version above
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 17, 2018, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Donnelly View Post
    Yes, like Fr_Chuck said, it sounds formal but somehow that works. I would love to tweak it a bit to correct a few grammar mistakes (but not the British flavor). Do you hope to get it published?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is This The Beginning Of The End? [ 177 Answers ]

Cohen is reported to have claimed that Trump knew in advance and encouraged the infamous meeting between the Russians and Trump Jr. in Trump Tower for the purpose of getting dirt on Hillary. If true, Trump intended to enter into a conspiracy with a foreign power to influence a presidential election...

Constant thoughts - my thoughts are never ending [ 18 Answers ]

Hello there - I'm trying to get some answers regarding my newest problem. I can't go to my pysch. About this because I've tried but every time I try to explain this to someone (counselor, pysch. parents.. ) they think I have an "issue". ADHD, anxiety, and the list goes on and on. I'm so sick of...

My beginning is in First and not in Last. [ 39 Answers ]

My beginning is in First and not in Last. My Middle is in Sad and in Happy My ending is Rust as well as in Rest. If you got me right I am nowhere near you- Right !

My beginning is in first and not in last [ 13 Answers ]

My beginning is in First and not in Last. My Middle is in Sad and in Happy My ending is Rust as well as in Rest. If you got me right I am nowhere near

A New Beginning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Y'all :) Well, where to start? Okay, I've been engaged for over a year now, and Johnny (my finace) recently enlisted in the National Guard and is currently undergoing AIT, soon to graduate on Dec. 17... He and I are to be wed on Sept 6, 2008 and we both can't wait for it to come soon...

View more questions Search