Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myousef Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2018, 09:31 PM
    My wife had a miscarriage on Dec 5th when the bleeding started and the bleeding stop
    My wife had a miscarriage on Dec 5th when the bleeding started and the bleeding stopped on the 9th, so we did have unprotected sex yesterday the 14th and an hour after my wife took a plan b pill to prevent any pregnancy. Since my wife period is not regular because she has PCOS, can she get pregnant this fast? Is plan b will work to prevent any chance? Looking forward for your reply. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2018, 10:42 AM
    "plan b pill to prevent any pregnancy". Plan B pills were never intended to be used as a form of Birth Control. They contain increased levels of hormones that can cause undesired side effects in women. Other BC methods are much more favorable, she should talk to her OB/GYN.

Dec 16, 2018, 11:32 AM
    My wife will start taking birth control pills but for what I described above, what are the chances that she will get pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2018, 03:12 PM
    Nothing, even plan B is 100 percent, so yes, there is a chance.

I really want to lecture on so many things, how soon you had sex after miscarriage, using Plan B as a normal birth control but that is for another day.

Dec 16, 2018, 05:50 PM
    I didn't understand. My wife took plan b after 1 hour from having sex. She started bleeding(miscarrying) on Dec 5th and we had sex on Dec 14th which means the 9th day of the miscarriage knowing that the bleeding stop on Dec 9th or Dec 10th . My wife has PCOS and her period is irregular and sometimes she only get 1 period a year. So are you saying that she could get pregnant? If yes, what is the percentage since she doesn't think that she was ovulating that day. Thanks
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 16, 2018, 06:03 PM
    There is no way to calculate what the odds are of her getting pregnant, or if she will or won't. All we can tell you is that no form of birth control or morning after pill is 100% effective. Will she get pregnant? Unlikely. Is it 100% that she won't? No. You'll have to wait and see.

After a miscarriage most doctors suggest waiting 3 months before trying to get pregnant again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 51 and started menopause 2 years ago. I started bleeding the other day. Is this [ 2 Answers ]

I am 51 years old and started menopause 2 years ago. I started bleeding on Monday. I have since stopped bleeding. I had a normal pap. The Dr. did find a polyp. She wants me to have an ultrasound and to have the polyp removed. Is, this something to be concerned about?

Bleeding after miscarriage? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage on oct 16th 2011 and bleeing for 11 days which was oct 27th, I started bleeding on nov.24th thinking it is my period but it hasn't been enough to soak a pad just light bleeding and spotting some red, some pink, and some brownish red, this has been going on for 9 days now is this...

If I have already have had a period and stop bleeding but started back after I had se [ 1 Answers ]

If I have already had a period like usual this month stopped bleeding but started back after I had sex spotting like is this normal

View more questions Search