Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iantha7 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Are there any other treatments for lupus?
    I have Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I take Methotrexate pills and Enbrel injections. I also take Darvocet for pain but not always because I take an exercise class and the exercise on a regular basis helps a lot. Sometimes I have bad episodes of pain and stiffness and have to go to the doctor's office for pain injections. Are there any alternative treatments for the Enbrel. I am now on Medicare with a supplement and cannot afford the Enbrel.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2007, 01:13 AM
    Perhaps the following sites may be of help to you. I hope that they are.

Lupus and complementary therapies

Discoid Lupus Erythmatosus & Homeopathy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any treatments for Osteo- arthritis? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my mother has recently been diagnosed with Osteo- arthritis. Is something the doctors say she will live with for the rest of her life its just about adapting to the pain. I was wondering if anyone can suggest treatments. Phsio and chiropractor seems out of the question according to most...

Bumps and Rashes lupus [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 40 year old male. About 5 years ago I began to get inflamed areas on the sides of my face. I have been to many doctors and after a multitude of tests the say I have LE ( Lupus ) I do not get the butterfly type rash but many other types of skin problems that can occur anywhere on my body. You...

Young menopause due to cancer treatments [ 1 Answers ]

I am 27 and have only had three periods over the past 5 years. I had chemo treatments years ago that the doctors had to stop my menses for. After the treatments were done they had problems getting them to start again but after 6 months they did. Then about 5 years ago they stopped. My weight is...

Dessertation on discoid lupus erythematosus [ 2 Answers ]

I am Dr. Ghazala Abdalgader, currently I am studying Diploma in Clinical dermatology course at Cardiff university, UK. I have to do a dessertation on DLE, and I have no idea how to write it, so I will be very gratefull if you could help me . I am looking forward to hear from you in the near...

View more questions Search