Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MommaBEar5866 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2018, 07:18 AM
    levy filed on my bank account
    I had a levy filed on my bank account yesterday and they pulled every dime out of my account. I am a single mother of 2 and only gets paid once a month. The money that was left was what I had to live on the rest of the month (346.00).

I called the court and they told me it was a one time levy file and if they wanted to do it again, they would have to file another levy. So in your expertise experience, should I file a motion to quash and does that permanent stop them from attacking my account?

Thank you,
    Regina
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2018, 10:49 AM
    Why was the money taken? Was there a court action against you? No warnings?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2018, 03:29 PM
    If there is a judgement against you, you can not "stop" them from taking the money. You will have to file in court to prove you don't owe the debt, or there is some reason why your money should be exempt.

You also should not put any more money into that account, since it would be a simple thing to take money again.

Why do you owe the money? Who has the judgement? What is the total amount taken and how much is the total owed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California Bank Levy Joint Bank Account [ 8 Answers ]

My wife was issued a judgement prior to our marriage in Aug 2002. She ignored the original judgement letter being young and carefree and never went to court or tried to appeal. In Oct 2008 a bank levy removed $3,500 from our joint bank account. All of the deposits in this account were made by my...

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

Bank Account Levy [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a judgement against him with a credit card company and they have put a levy on our checking account and took all of the funds we had available! Can they do this or is this suppose to work like a garnishment where they can only take up to a certain amount? Thanks !

Bank account levy [ 5 Answers ]

We live in Missouri. My husband has had a levy placed upon our bank account from a repo from several years ago. What will happen to the account? This account is seldom used, but if this is what they want to do, then should I start making monthly deposits in it? How much are they entitled to?...

View more questions Search