Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julianaeberschl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2018, 12:18 PM
    I am depressed. What should I do?
    Last year when I was 14 I got very depressed. I felt nothing. I did everything very slowly. People noticed but I would convince them its just allergies or I was tired. It led me to slit my wrist one time. It went away after 4 months. Now, I am 15 years old, and its back worse than ever.

I know why its happening too. Firstly, I have no friends. I go to a small school (6 girls in my class, no boys, all of which are weird and do not click with me). My friends outside of school I don't talk to at all because I don't want to. This has ended in me losing pretty much all of my friends including my best friend. Not because we got in a fight or anything, simply because I didn't talk to her. I live in solitude and always feel alone. Secondly, it runs in my family, as my father had depression all throughout high school. Third, I have a life-threatening disease that will kill me before I am 50 years old. I spend over 2 hours a day doing treatments every day and take 20+ pills a day as well.

All these points aside, I am very happy and confident in my looks and personality. I do have a lot of anxiety in social situations, however, I know I am pretty and good at talking to people so it okay. I also get 8+ hours of sleep every night. I am also very smart and get good grades. This has caused a lot of confusion for me because I love myself but am still filled with depression.

I am very nervous for my future because I have had depression for two months and already want to slit my wrists and kill myself. Especially considering my best friend, my sister, will be leaving for university at the end of the year. Without her, I won't have anyone at all to talk to. No one at all.

I don't know exactly what I am looking for out of this. Maybe just some advice. Thanks for reading all of that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 11, 2018, 01:27 PM
    Have you talked to a parent or trusted adult yet about how you feel?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 11, 2018, 07:44 PM
    Can you speak to a teacher, school nurse, or counselor?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 12, 2018, 04:58 AM
    I totally agree with all of the suggestions you have been given so far. In addition there are many teen depression hotlines like this one,
    https://teenlineonline.org/, to talk to people that are trained to help those like you looking for someone to help in real time.

The good news is you want help and are willing to reach out to break your ISOLATION. There may also be groups in your area that you can participate in.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Feb 11, 2019, 02:24 PM
    Keeping busy is most important. Maybe a job or a Hobby.
    Sing a song, life is a song. You are somebody's Sunshine, you make them happy when skies are blue...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depressed. [ 10 Answers ]

I hate looking at pictures of me standing next to my mother because... She looks mixed... And I just look like I'm... Not her daughter...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Depressed over Ex, now I have no one [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend of whom I was with since 18 now 22 has split up with me and I feel so down an depressed, everything reminds me of him and I am constantly crying, I feel so stupid. We have split a few times in the past but now I know its for good, and its really getting me down, I just don't know...

I think my cat is depressed. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I am wondering if you could give me some advice about my cat... She is a domestic long haired. She is about 10 years old, and overweight. I am trying to get her interested in something that will get her to be more active than she is. She weighs about 17lbs, which is not healthy for her. But I...

I don't want to be depressed [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really depressed and I don't think any of my friends like me and I have no motivation to do anything how can I be happier?

View more questions Search