Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2018, 11:04 AM
    Trump's Border Wall Paid by Mexico
    Remember Trump's famous pledge to have Mexico pay for the border wall? Today, the orange-headed moron threatened to shut down the government unless the American taxpayer paid for the wall.

A bad week for Trump - he has added felony charges to his lies. The time is not far off when he will be meeting Bubba in a lock-up somewhere.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2018, 02:38 PM
    The wall was a bridge too far
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2018, 04:21 PM
    Mexico is still laughing at the big dufus liar, and if repubs haven't built his wall, then the dems sure ain't. I think he is just changing the subject given the law is on his fat orange butt.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2018, 05:16 PM
    No, it is a key piece of his platform and ego dictates he gets what he wants so the stand off, the tantrum, give me what I want
    Expert

Dec 11, 2018, 06:28 PM
    So why hasn't he been negotiating with Mexico about this wall he promised and says is so important?
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2018, 06:33 PM
    The Mexicans have told him they will not pay for it. The problem is an American problem, not a Mexican problem, besides it is being built in the wrong place, it should be built on the Mexican southern border
    Expert

Dec 12, 2018, 05:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The Mexicans have told him they will not pay for it. The problem is an American problem, not a Mexican problem, besides it is being built in the wrong place, it should be built on the Mexican southern border
    Maybe Mexico can make the dufus pay for it! He might go for it if they name it after him.

Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2018, 09:07 AM
    Big beautiful wall
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2018, 04:21 PM
    We used to talk about tarriff barriers as walls, maybe Trump could trade his tarriff barriers for a frontier wall
    Expert

Dec 12, 2018, 04:38 PM
    Oh Clete, if Mexico said NO! What makes you think China, Canada, France, Russia, or Iran will agree to the Dufus's nonsense? Even the Saudi's aren't that crazy! Everybody but the loonies think the wall is a DUMB idea and a waste of money.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2018, 06:15 PM
    No, the leftists think it is waste of money because they want more immigrants. I don't get it, what is the point of having poor immigrants. We encourage immigration by people with money and skills.

Whether others agree or not isn't the point, a sovereign nation can do what it wants but it only limits itself when you fight with others. Trump's tariffs are a waste of money, and not the money of those countries, but American money belonging to the American people, now I don't care, you can shoot yourselves in the foot if you want too, but a wall is infrastructure. Right now you border guards and troops on the border because the poor people are trying to get in. I hear in some places there is not even a visual barrier but if you didn't feed them and house them when they get there, there would be less incentive to come
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Dec 13, 2018, 01:41 AM
    Hello All

Tax payers need to pay for a filter on that idiot mouth and twitter account.

Hey I'll even start by donating $50 to start the fund.

I mean he must be an idiot not to know we were all immigrants from some country 100's of years ago.

FYI = My family mostly from England and that area though moved to New Zealand 80-120 years ago.

If Mexico does pay for it they should call it " Pared idiota " or " El muro de los idiotas "
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2018, 04:42 PM
    Those who want a wall should do a GoFundMe drive . As far as the so called shutdown ;well if Trump was like the emperor he will inconvenience tourist unnecessarily by shutting down monuments that people want to see . The truth is that more than 85 % of the government is self funded in the budget and very little of it is discretionary spending that would negatively affect the people. I for one encourage lawmakers to take as long as they want . When they are not in DC they aren't doing mischief or costing us.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2018, 05:43 PM
    Well is there a shut down or not
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2018, 08:04 PM
    I don't get it, what is the point of having poor immigrants.

The poorest immigrants are the best. The Irish, among the most destitute, produced generations of the best citizens in every field up to the President of the United States. The Italians, Germans, Hispanics, Greeks, etc have accomplished similarly. Keep sending us those "wretched masses, yearning to breathe free".
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2018, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The truth is that more than 85 % of the government is self funded in the budget and very little of it is discretionary spending that would negatively affect the people. I for one encourage lawmakers to take as long as they want . When they are not in DC they aren't doing mischief or costing us.

Assuming your facts are accurate and well-sourced, you've made some excellent points.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2018, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    The poorest immigrants are the best. The Irish, among the most destitute, produced generations of the best citizens in every field up to the President of the United States. The Italians, Germans, Hispanics, Greeks, etc have accomplished similarly. Keep sending us those "wretched masses, yearning to breathe free".
    Yes they have an incentive to succeed, given they have opportunity, but it they are just coming to fulfil the role that others won't step up too, are you helping them or just enslaving them
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2018, 08:33 PM
    Yes they have an incentive to succeed, given they have opportunity, but it they are just coming to fulfil the role that others won't step up too, are you helping them or just enslaving them

Helping them!

The newly-arrived poor immigrants take the jobs nobody else wants which help them support a family, which could not be done in the old country. Their children do a little better, and their children still better........ That's how it works. It's an old story. Probably most of the people posting here know that story well.
    Expert

Dec 18, 2018, 06:43 AM
    Most of the immigrants come here poor and work their way up, no matter where they came from or why. It's always been that way. Even the dufus did the same thing the Mexicans are doing except they have been doing it before the euros found the place. That's what's made America unique in the world Clete, a history of poor immigrants working hard to build a great nation. For all the chaos it still is the winning formula.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2019, 05:43 PM
    The President has now made an offer that includes some things Democrats have wanted in exchange for funding a wall or barrier on some parts of the border. Democrats ;the open border party say it’s a non-starter. Ok. What’s their counteroffer? Or will they simply not make one proving my point that they want open borders and nothing else ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New Mexico estate question for who gets paid first [ 22 Answers ]

My mother passed away in September 2013. She had a home with a mortgage, no medical bills, TONS of "stuff" (I would have to call it hoarding), 2 credit card bills (one very small, one about $1700). I have a brother and there was a will. She willed everything to us to split evenly. I am the...

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is __ [ 2 Answers ]

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is ______. A) natural boundary, man made. B) river, the ocean. C)lake, a natural boundary. D)river, a line of longitude.

View more questions Search