Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dro45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2018, 06:29 PM
    Replace Weathertron Thermostate with Honeywell RTH3100C
    Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell
    I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump with emergency heat system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual.
    I have the following wires on the Weathertron:
    R-red
    T-brown
    O-orange
    G-green
    Y-yellow
    X2-black
    B-blue
    W-white
    F-Pink

Here is what I have based on the Honeywell installation guide:
    E=Weathertron X2
    Aux=Weathertron W
    Y=Weathertron Y
    G=Weathertron G
    O=Weathertron O
    L=Weathertron F
    R=Weathertron R
    B=Weathertron ? (no wire connected to B on the RTH3100C)
    C=Weathertron B

I have taped over the T wire, which I think is unused on the RTH3100C.

Do I have this right?

Thanks for the help.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my Weathertron BAY28x138A thermostat with a Honeywell RTH 3100C thermostat. It is on a Trane XL1200 Heat Pump with Aux. and Emerg. Heat. The terminals and colors of wire are as follows on the Weathertron: O-Orange R_Red T-Brown G-Green Y-Yellow X2-Black B-Blue U-Jumper to...

Trying to replace a bryant heat pump thermostat with a Honeywell rth3100c [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to replace a Bryant heat pump thermostat with 8 wires connected with a Honeywell RTH3100C. Instruction guide says if W1, W2, and Y were connected, contact a HVAC tech. Honeywell customer service was no help. Any ideas?

Replacing Weathertron thermostat to a Honeywell RTH3100C [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual. I have the following wires on the Weathertron: R-red T-brown...

Wiring a Honeywell RTH3100C thermostate [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a Honeywell RTH7000 series programmable thermostat. It broke so I bought a Honeywell RTH3100C non-programmable. I want to get some help in wiring it beforehand because I had problems wiring up the 7000. Current wiring w/ wire colors: blue - C green - G yellow - Y orange -...

Honeywell 7400 to replace a weathertron Baystat240 [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the weathertron baystat240 with the honeywell 7400. Taped off the brown (T) cable and the rest went in their corresponding letters. After setting up the system nothing happens. It does not run. My system is a trane XE1000 Heat pump

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.