Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcrealty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2018, 04:47 PM
    Bath fan and light
    Removed a wall and wires were not labeled. 4 wires going to a bath fan and a light. Only one seems hot how do I re connect?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2018, 02:03 PM
    What colors and how were they originally connected? Depending on the old hookup, one hot for the fan, one white. You could wire fan separate. The other wires may be from a switch loop or just through wired. How many wall switches?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring bath fan with light? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to wire the light of a combo bath fan on a 3-way switch, but still have the fan on just one switch? I just put a pocket door between my bathroom and bedroom, and I need a switch in the bedroom that turns on the light in the bathroom, so I don't have to walk across the bathroom in...

Wiring Bath Fan/Light [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a NuTone fan/light combo to replace an old one in the bathroom. When I installed it and turned it on, only the fan worked. The wires are hooked up properly to the fixture, however, the switch doesn't match the instructions. They call for a red wire attached to the switch. My...

Bath Light/Fan Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am attempting to switch a double-switch in a single gang box that controls the light and fan in my bathroon to 2 single switches in a double gang box. There are 2 sets of wires coming into the box. One has a black, white and ground. The other has a black, white, ground and red. ...

Replacing Old Bath Light/Fan with New. [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing an old batroom light fan with new one. Everything seemed fine until I had to do the wiring, I have 2 wall switches on a single plack, One switch is for the light above the lavatory and for the ceiling light, The other switch was only for the fan. The old light/fan wiring had...

View more questions Search