Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2018, 08:25 AM
    Can Trump pardon someone for CASH?
    Hello:

Alan Dershowitz says he CAN.. I say he can't. Yes.. My balls are THAT big.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2018, 09:28 AM
    Sure he can Exxie. Does that mean he can get away with it? Heck NO!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2018, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Does that mean he can get away with it? Heck NO!
    Hello again, tal:

It's gonna take 20 Republican senators to convict.. Do you think that many will find their spine?

I'm not convinced.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2018, 10:30 AM
    Can he do it, of course, is he suppose to, no.

But first someone has to find out.
    Then enough people will have to care.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2018, 10:57 AM
    Kind of doubt the repubs in the senate now would convict the dufus and boot him out of office whether he gets impeached by house dems or not. Clinton got impeached, but won re election, so no telling, but more stuff keeps coming out, and repubs may well let him resign in disgrace, and Pence pardons him. That's how it went with Nixon, but be a mistake to compare those senate repubs with this one.

More will be revealed later. How about the illegal immigrants working for a dufus golf course being supplied with false papers? The kicker, this ain't the first scandal about the dufus using illegals. Remember this?

Donald Trump and Undocumented Workers at Trump Tower | Time.com

Now we have his latest growing scandal

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ify-hiring-il/

Hard to believe repubs will keep holding their nose with this lying cheating dufus unless they like breathing from their mouth all the time, but even through sinus season? But the sore nose crowd knows no bounds.

Do you think that many will find their spine?
    That may be too much to ask from spineless sycophants. You can't grow what you don't have. In the words of my friend JL, where's your EVIDENCE repubs have a spine to began with?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2018, 07:14 AM
    hmmm good question. Did Bubba pardon Marc Rich after his wife Denise Rich gave the Clintoon Library $450,000 and another $100,000 to the Evita Senate campaign ? Of course he couldn't be impeached for that since it happened on his last day in office. Rich had been caught undermining Iraq sanctions called the Oil for Food deal.
    Evita's brother Hugh Rodman was paid $400,000 in attorney fees after Bubba pardoned his clients Almon Glenn Braswell, a businessman convicted of mail fraud and perjury in 1983, and obtaining the release of Carlos Vignali, a cocaine trafficker.

The answer is Artice II gives POTUS unlimited powers to "
    grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment” for Federal crimes.
    The pardon power, the Supreme Court said in 1866, may be exercised at any time after a federal crime is committed, “either before legal proceedings are taken or during their pendency or after conviction and judgment.” The famous example of this was Ford's pardon of Nixon. Trump will have to be careful issuing any pardons that could bolster a charge of obstruction of justice.
    Expert

Dec 9, 2018, 07:47 AM
    The dufus can pardon anyone charged with federal crimes, but Manafort and Cohen face state charges also, out of reach of pardons. The dufus or his family may well find themselves in the same boat.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2018, 07:57 AM
    yes that is why I specified that he could be in trouble with SDNY in the Mueller post .Still I kinda doubt that Trump can be touched while in office .
    Expert

Dec 12, 2018, 07:04 AM
    Maybe he should be held accountable NOW, because I suspect it could get worse. Repubs have proven useless balancing his ignorance.

And just yesterday...

His new ambassador to the UN..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Pardon [ 0 Answers ]

If a person was charged with felony theft in Florida, first time offence, paid through a bailbond and then came to Canada and never responded to the charge, how long is the statute of limitations... can a pardon be applied for in order to travel in the United States again??

Pardon me.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello: Does a governor have the absolute power to pardon? I think he does. excon

View more questions Search